Clutch rattle/noise

Darren Reid

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking to see if anyone else is having this issue or noticed a noise coming from the clutch? On a cold startup it seems worse before the bike gets up to temperature. You can't hear it in gear only when, only when in neutral. If you pull the clutch in it goes away, release the clutch and its back. As I said, it's worst when just started and the engine cold. What the hell is it? any ideas or anyone else notice this? I hope someone has just for peace of mind. Thanks guys.

flipper

Reaction score
rattly clutch seems normal. most Yamahas have it, more so than other manufacturers. mine certainly clatters at idle but I don't see it's anything to be concerned about.

Darren Reid

Reaction score
Thanks guys, first yamaha so rests my mind a lot. It's not a seriously loud noise at all just something I wondered about. Thanks for the speedy reply.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Yeah deffo "normal" on some bikes. Both my MT and my GasGas have this.

Sent from my iPhone

fizzy

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking to see if anyone else is having this issue or noticed a noise coming from the clutch? On a cold startup it seems worse before the bike gets up to temperature. You can't hear it in gear only when, only when in neutral. If you pull the clutch in it goes away, release the clutch and its back. As I said, it's worst when just started and the engine cold. What the hell is it? any ideas or anyone else notice this? I hope someone has just for peace of mind. Thanks guys.
Mine dose it , had loads of yams over the lat 35 years,, they make cracking engines and bikes but shite cluches and gearboxes

misscrabstick

Reaction score
yes mine does it, demo I borrowed when mine was being serviced did it too, all normals it seems, my other bikes do it a bit too.