Clutch slipping under load...

RipGroove

Reaction score
I'm 90% sure my clutch has been slipping since having the Woolich Racing ECU map. It does it under load in 4th gear at about 7000rpm. The bike has done 6600 miles in total.

So anyone had this problem? I'm assuming I can just replace the friction plates? If so do I go for stock or uprated? Suggestions?

Scaley

Reaction score
very low mileage. I'd check the oil, cables and lever pivot for sticking. Lube the cable with a ptfe spray.

RipGroove

Reaction score
very low mileage. I'd check the oil, cables and lever pivot for sticking. Lube the cable with a ptfe spray.
Thanks. It had a service today at Yamaha and a tech took it out and could feel the clutch slipping, maybe I'm imagining it, I'll have to do some more testing.

Scaley

Reaction score
just a thought. If like me you have the clutch biting with the lever close to the bar, check your gloves aren't bunching on your hand causing extra pressure on the lever.

Greenman41

Reaction score
Dunno how fast you are but the top guys have slots in the clutch lever so that the wind doesn’t force the clutch lever back ;)

Scaley

Reaction score
Or is the right hand causing the traction control to cut in? That often feels like clutch slip without the revving

waynestractor

Reaction score
Thanks. It had a service today at Yamaha and a tech took it out and could feel the clutch slipping, maybe I'm imagining it, I'll have to do some more testing.
Well if you think it's slipping, and a Tech took it for a test ride and could feel it slipping, then it is slipping...I don't think you need to do more testing??