Come on lets have a bit of Banter

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Sorry I know I am a newbie but the forum could do with a few more threads being posted , be they about the bike or what you did or did not do, a few more jokes would not go amiss either. Okay I know my jokes are crap but come on folks dig deep.
Some threads like word association Three words at a time
What did you do today on your MT-09/ Tracer etc!!
Or feel free ll me to butt out.
Lew

fizzy

Reaction score
Sorry I know I am a newbie but the forum could do with a few more threads being posted , be they about the bike or what you did or did not do, a few more jokes would not go amiss either. Okay I know my jokes are crap but come on folks dig deep.
Some threads like word association Three words at a time
What did you do today on your MT-09/ Tracer etc!!
Or feel free ll me to butt out.
Lew
Yes I must admit it's got a bit quiet on here of late ,,but I suppose it is xmas and winter and been pissin down ,the bikes won't be getting ridden as much ,well that's my excuse anyway.:cool:

fizzy

Reaction score
2015-12-23 20.50.23.jpg
Fook all on th telly so I have been watching gopro videos of my holidays

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Wife says to her husband
Do you want to change position tonight
Yeah says the husband
Wife Okay then
You do the dishes.

And I will sit on the couch and fart.

Treble

Reaction score
Working on mounting a tankbag and heated grips.
Bought three "trackdays" in April.
Ogling new bikes,KTM 1190 is interesting.
As is a Tuono.And a host of others.Next year I will be testing as much as I can.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
It's been morgue-like for months! I'm on another (car) forum which is prolific in posting in various and random topics. As you say Lew, collectively, we need to try harder!

I've a small cosmetic shopping list together for my 09 including carbon Akro. No bike related pressies though.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Ok then did anyone get anything bike related for Xmas?
One of my 'about a tenner' presents was a bottle of Silkolene pro SAE 5w (ISO-22) fork oil.

With the damping screw fully closed clockwise and with the front brake applied I push down on the forks, they go down, they come up, end of...

Wish I'd done this a year ago and reaped the benefit all last summer. Had so much more fun through the bends today despite the wet.

I appreciate several hundred pounds worth of cartridge inserts etc etc would make a night and day difference to this bike,
but this was a simple pocket money upgrade and no special tools other than a pint measuring jug were required.

Fluke

Reaction score
Morning all
Been busy but what a nice idea to get the energy flowing in the summeriest winter we've seen for a while.
Not much news with my MT but I'm looking forward to a change elsewhere in my stable.
My daily blat is a 15 year old 1200 bandit and in a couple of weeks I'm swapping it for a TL1000s.
I'm pretty excited but the missus isn't very happy.
Pics to follow at the end of the month.

Can't think of any jokes. It's 4am and I'm having trouble sleeping.(and you're rambling. Get on with it -Ed)
Anyway, happy new year. Looking forward to meeting up next year and going for a rip.

phunkshun

Reaction score
Fitted a tail tidy I got for Christmas, still working on getting other bits for it.
I'm a bit jealous Fluke would love to have a TL1000 the S or the R

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Advantages and dis-advantages of living in Spain. One of the advantages is I can more or less ride all year round. I tend to ride more in the winter months than say the summer season. Two reasons really the summer months are far to hot with all the gear on. I refuse to be a Tee shirt & shorts rider out here. Other reasons are to many tourists driving around 1/2 pissed and not sure what side of the road they should be on. I had a close call in July when a muppet decided to go the wrong way round a around about.
When I do got out on the bike in Summer I head up into the mountains about 6 pm as by that time the holiday makers have headed back down to the coast, plus it is getting cooler. I have good summer gear airtex vented jacket and trousers but still way to warm.

What are your likes and dislikes about were you live and ride.

I used to live in Hoylake on the Wirral and loved it there when the weather was good, Only 25 minutes run and you were in N Wales, an hour up to the Lake District same again for the Lancashire & Yorkshire dales.

I have a mate who lives in Stockton on Tees, quite often we would arrange a meeting point 1/2 way and have a ride around Settle, Hawes areas. Some great rides and great memories. If someone would find the stop cock to turn the rain off. Find the Thermostat to turn the heat up just a few degrees I may well return to the UK and forget the sun sand and sea of the Spanish Costa's :)

Last edited:

stevecbr

Reaction score
I got a 5 litre tub of Muk off, and to be honest I'm not that impressed with it. Doesnt seem any better than soap and fairy liquid, unless I'm doing something wrong.
Thinking of swapping the honda scooter for a CRF250, but depends if the wife will let the kids go on the back (they are banned from the MT, but she is OK with them going on the scooter)

flydnb

Reaction score
I got a 5 litre tub of Muk off, and to be honest I'm not that impressed with it. Doesnt seem any better than soap and fairy liquid, unless I'm doing something wrong.
Thinking of swapping the honda scooter for a CRF250, but depends if the wife will let the kids go on the back (they are banned from the MT, but she is OK with them going on the scooter)
Yep that muc off detergent is rubbish , I don't use water based washing unless its on an off road bike , I use vulcanet wipes which is a brilliant product , then treat with acf on few parts then a wax based detailer all over keeps bike clean .

fizzy

Reaction score
Got some new alpinestars motocross boots and a new carbon mx lid off the wife ,she's a good un ,sold my enduro bike 2 month's ago ,,,,so that must be the green light to get a new yamaha wr 450 :cool:

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
Am I doing something wrong? I wet bike first, spray on muc off, leave for 5 minutes, then if I hose it it doesnt remove the filth, I end up using soapy water like I would anyway
Products like Muc-Off basically encapsulates the dirt, grease and grime and starts to break it down in contact. It softens what ever is left. There's no magic product that after application removes all debris, except acid I guess! Products like these are designed as a pre-wash, that's all. Apply it directly to the areas, don't wet the bike first, as that's only diluting the chemical effect. Don't expect wonders, but it will help remove the debris and less agitation will be required to remove the grime for the reasons I've explained above.

Last edited: