Comfort seat option for 2020 MT09 SP UK

swright

Reaction score
Hi all.
A newbie to this forum .... so a big "Hi" to you all.
I've just bought a MT09 SP and I'm looking at comfort seat options for the missus.
I've seen alot of good comments about the Shad seat but I'm confused as to whether they have one which would fit my bike.
The websites quotes it for up to 2018 model and there is a question on website with a reply saying it would not fit 2019/20 ones.
Anyone know ?
Would also be grateful of any other recommendations .... apart from Corbin which I would have to sell the bike to afford lol!
Cheers
Steve

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Hi swright
Welcome
Have you looked at Sargeant or Bagster seats for availability and price?

swright

Reaction score
Hi.
Thanks for the reply.
I have but to be honest I am seeing good and bad reviews from each of the manufacturers inc the ones you mention.
What seat do you have ?
The seat will be used for occasional 2 up so don't want to spend a fortune on it.
Steve

swright

Reaction score
There seems to be only one design for the MT09 which doesn't look great for the pillion friendly.
The Bagster looks good but that has mixed reviews too.
Thought the Yam comfort one might be a cheaper compromise and people say the pillion comfort is very good on it.

nibor

Reaction score
There seems to be only one design for t he MT09 which doesn't look great for the pillion friendly.
The Bagster looks good but that has mixed reviews too.
Thought the Yam comfort one might be a cheaper compromise and people say the pillion comfort is very good on it.
I've got a Shad seat fitted to my 2015 MT0-9Abs, it's "marginally" more comfortable than the standard seat.
I ride solo these days and rarely ride more than 50 miles before stopping, so I can cope with the "sore bum" syndrome, I couldn't even ride 50 miles with the standard seat before bum ache.

swright

Reaction score
Cheers for your thoughts .... I am swaying towards Yam comfort tbh. I see them a lot in peoples photos and they other brands seem to get mixed reviews on fitting quality and also comfort.

bobh

Reaction score
I bought a seat that originally came from an XSR. It's thicker and more comfortable than the standard one, though the extra height is noticeable when you come to put a foot down. The previous owner of it (who had also acquired it as a comfort seat for a standard MT-09) was shorter than me and said he didn't get on with it.

In fact I've never really had a problem with the standard seat (maybe I've been hardened by many years on narrow pushbike saddles?) so I've hardly used the XSR one, and now I've actually gone back to standard. So I'll probably sell the XSR one - let me know if you're interested.

bobh

Reaction score
I think I was wrong in the obove post - looking at photos of the XSR they show a shorter seat with a bit of a hump, which isn't the one I have. So i think it must be from one of the other derivative models that still uses a one-piece seat (i.e. not the Tracer), possibly the Street Tracker. Anyway, it's basically the same shape as the standard MT-09 one, but with more padding and smart red piping.

Maris otter

Reaction score
I’m not sure how relevant this is as it wasn’t for the pillion but I took my standard MT09 seat to a upholster and they remade the padding in the seat and used the same cover. I now have a comfortable seat.