Comfort seat

Phlewc

Reaction score
Ordered a comfort seat set for the Tracer, received it last night and stuck them on.

First impressions are that the seat is a lot firmer. I previously had my standard seat on the higher of the two settings, but with the comfort seat it felt like I was sitting on a hard cushion on my standard seat - this is due to it being a lot firmer and compressing a lot less. I put the seat to the lower setting and it felt quite similar to the standard on high.

Currently I cant say it is more comfortable as it is so firm, but I am on the heavy side (105KG) and found the standard seat got quite painful quite quickly due to me compressing the padding fully and ending up on the base (I think), so I reckon once the seat breaks in and shapes to my butt it will be better for me.

Will let you all know what the wife says about the rear seat once she has spent some time on it.

Last edited:

Timo50

Reaction score
I have the comfort seat, I found initially, it was not much better than standard, but it does seem to get better the more miles you do.

sedavbe

Reaction score
Comfort doesn't exist in Japan

To call it comfort is an overstatement, they should call it anything else but comfort in my opinion, hard as Iron and I'm only 78kg. Just took my first ride on it and its no difference than the Std saddle, bruised arse and a swollen prostate after 2hrs riding. Suppose I'll have to gel it.
Anyone reading this should think twice before paying honest money for a new saddle thats only a fraction better than the original and in that I mean the material, its got a better grip material but that's about it, oh forgot it's got Tracer stamped in the pillion seat and a little label saying Comfort on the side :rolleyes:
I recommend others to get a new cover and gel pads and even if you can't do the job yourself it will end up cheaper and better.

sedavbe

Reaction score
I have the comfort seat, I found initially, it was not much better than standard, but it does seem to get better the more miles you do.
Timo you've become comfortably numb as Pink Floyd once put it, thats why you think it's getting better, you're in denial my man, we all make mistakes, its a con, all they've done is put another covering on the std saddle and we've payed too much for it, anyway I've got a spare to play around with because lets face it nobody in their right mind would buy the std saddle.
Now I know why BMW's are expensive, they test em for fat arsed europeans;)

Phlewc

Reaction score
Did 2 longish rides today, the comfort seat is definitely more comfortable then std. It is getting better as it is "breaking in".

glaik0562

Reaction score
Did 2 longish rides today, the comfort seat is definitely more comfortable then std. It is getting better as it is "breaking in".
i have the comfort and after 2500miles it does get a wee bit better, but it is about your bum being broken in by the seat, me thinks.

Texx920

Reaction score
Added ball room

My butt is now fine riding all day on the standard seat since I took an electric carving knife to the foam and cut a V groove out of the middle. No more pressure on the boy bits! I've kept the divit to put back in if I sell the bike. BTW you can hardly see the seat surgery under the vinyl!

Cheers ?

Toppie

Reaction score
To call it comfort is an overstatement, they should call it anything else but comfort in my opinion, hard as Iron and I'm only 78kg. Just took my first ride on it and its no difference than the Std saddle, bruised arse and a swollen prostate after 2hrs riding. Suppose I'll have to gel it.
Anyone reading this should think twice before paying honest money for a new saddle thats only a fraction better than the original and in that I mean the material, its got a better grip material but that's about it, oh forgot it's got Tracer stamped in the pillion seat and a little label saying Comfort on the side :rolleyes:
I recommend others to get a new cover and gel pads and even if you can't do the job yourself it will end up cheaper and better.
Anyone reading this thread please take note. Sedavbe has said it all for me so no need for me to elaborate.
Except saying that I thought there was a 'Trade Descriptions Act'. It should be called 'Tracer Seat' The 'Comfort' bit is blatantly misleading.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
I cannot get a comfort seat or any kind of seat that has memory foam. Even with my ear plugs fitted all I can hear is get off you fat bastard.:rolleyes: