Comfort seat

tallyho

Hi All,
Has anybody gone over to a comfort seat, and what is your impression. And is it worth taking out a mortgage to buy one. ?????????
And what make did you buy ? Yamaha, Shad, Or something else...

Dasfergmeister

I bought the Shad seat and i found the difference between that and the stock seat to be incomparable. I find the Shad seat to be supremely comfortable and definitely worth the £200+ that I paid for it.

tallyho

Many thanks for the reply. Well I will almost certainly be buying a new seat and your recommendation for the Shad is very helpful. The choice is going to be between the Shad & the Yamaha comfort seat...................................................

DaveC

To throw you a curve ball, I bought the street rally flat seat for mine and found it far more comfortable than the stock one.
It also perches you about an inch higher.
Done a 1600 mile trip of Europe on it this year over 5 days with no comfort issues.
Only about £115 too.

the cueball

Another SHAD seat here... well worth the price imo.

I tried to buy the Yamaha comfort seat and my local dealer wouldn’t sell me one as they aren’t worth it (their words)

Looks pretty good too...

tallyho

Again thanks for the info.. I would ask if anybody has bought the Bagster Comfort seat, and what is it like. Apart from the high price that is.............:oops:

tallyho

well after reading many reviews on the comfort seats. I have bit the bullet and gone for the Bagster Selle Seat. certainly not cheap but I got one for the same price as the Yamaha one. I will keep you informed of build quality, fit quality, and the important comfort quality....................:unsure:

tallyho

Well A quick update on the bagster seat.
1, Build Quality appears good, but only a seasons riding will show how well it stands up. But initial feeling is its good.
2, Fit Quality. Well after a bit of faffing around ( My fault not the seats ) it fits really well, not as well fitting as the original as it has some slight gaps where it meets the bodywork. But hey I am being really picky here, in reality you would not notice it unless it was pointed out.
3, Having only done a fairly short ride out, comfort is 10 out of 10, but a piece of scaffold board would score at least 8 out of 10 against the original seat. But I am pleased with it and only the next Spanish Tour will really answer that question.

Is it worth that exorbitant price, in reality I would say no. But when it comes to enjoying your ride or being pissed off because your arse feels like its been kicked by a wild stallion. Then its worth every penny.
If you also want a seat that looks stunning with its colour coded stitching, and colour coded MT09 stitched into the seat then again its a 10 out of 10...........................
Hope this information is of help to others.