Comfort seat

• Thread starter Deleted member 4068
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 4068

Hi All,
Has anybody gone over to a comfort seat, and what is your impression. And is it worth taking out a mortgage to buy one. ?????????
And what make did you buy ? Yamaha, Shad, Or something else...

Dasfergmeister

Reaction score
I bought the Shad seat and i found the difference between that and the stock seat to be incomparable. I find the Shad seat to be supremely comfortable and definitely worth the £200+ that I paid for it.

D

Deleted member 4068

Many thanks for the reply. Well I will almost certainly be buying a new seat and your recommendation for the Shad is very helpful. The choice is going to be between the Shad & the Yamaha comfort seat...................................................

DaveC

Reaction score
To throw you a curve ball, I bought the street rally flat seat for mine and found it far more comfortable than the stock one.
It also perches you about an inch higher.
Done a 1600 mile trip of Europe on it this year over 5 days with no comfort issues.
Only about £115 too.

D

Deleted member 4068

Hi DaveC , Many thanks for the info I will look into that one. The price looks good..

the cueball

Reaction score
Another SHAD seat here... well worth the price imo.

I tried to buy the Yamaha comfort seat and my local dealer wouldn’t sell me one as they aren’t worth it (their words)

Looks pretty good too...

D

Deleted member 4068

Again thanks for the info.. I would ask if anybody has bought the Bagster Comfort seat, and what is it like. Apart from the high price that is.............:oops:

D

Deleted member 4068

well after reading many reviews on the comfort seats. I have bit the bullet and gone for the Bagster Selle Seat. certainly not cheap but I got one for the same price as the Yamaha one. I will keep you informed of build quality, fit quality, and the important comfort quality....................:unsure:

D

Deleted member 4068

Well A quick update on the bagster seat.
1, Build Quality appears good, but only a seasons riding will show how well it stands up. But initial feeling is its good.
2, Fit Quality. Well after a bit of faffing around ( My fault not the seats ) it fits really well, not as well fitting as the original as it has some slight gaps where it meets the bodywork. But hey I am being really picky here, in reality you would not notice it unless it was pointed out.
3, Having only done a fairly short ride out, comfort is 10 out of 10, but a piece of scaffold board would score at least 8 out of 10 against the original seat. But I am pleased with it and only the next Spanish Tour will really answer that question.

Is it worth that exorbitant price, in reality I would say no. But when it comes to enjoying your ride or being pissed off because your arse feels like its been kicked by a wild stallion. Then its worth every penny.
If you also want a seat that looks stunning with its colour coded stitching, and colour coded MT09 stitched into the seat then again its a 10 out of 10...........................
Hope this information is of help to others.