Cut out on M25!

Andrew Dean Aston

Reaction score
Has anyone else had a cut out, and its their fault !
I pressed the mode button twice, to take it out of 'A' mode and back into 'STD'. I must have slipped a thumb on the kill switch as it cut out. Lucky I was in the inner lane of the M25. Only once I stopped did I work out what I had done. Initially I thought the mode button had a fault.

lee1980

Reaction score
Eeeek scary, Did you change mode with throttle closed? I think it only lets you change if it is closed to.
I have to say im not a fan of the combined starter/kill switch, much rather have separate.

Also seems made not to have on left buttons to switch through the display rather than only buttons on the display!!

Darren Reid

Reaction score
I change the mode all the time while riding but this has never happened to me thank god. I'd probably fill my trousers with brown goo! I find the buttons a bit awkward alright especially the horn, forever hitting the indicators when going for the horn.

Fluke

Reaction score
I agree, I fucking hate the position of the horn switch!!!:mad::mad::mad:
I've no idea which moron thought of putting it there and which other moron agreed that it was a good idea and put it into production!?!
Someone realised it was a bad idea and they sorted it out on the Tracer where it's back where you expect it.

davie

Reaction score
I did the same yesterday on the way to work. Luckily it was 5am and 50 yards from my house on a quiet back street.i went to change the mode, but on realising that it would not change whilst throttle was pulled back, I twisted my wrist to close said throttle, but my thumb moved up as well in the twisting movement and I shut the bike down.
It's not a good design is it

lee1980

Reaction score
And the feel a bit flimsy loose compared to last honda I had, does make you wonder who tests and decides on these things, on left there is also a blank for like and additional switch to, wonder if tracer has any buttons to do dash?

Andrew Dean Aston

Reaction score
The throttle was closed. I guess with winter gloves on, its harder to feel the button. At least im aware of the outcome. Im getting better with the horn button though :)