DB levels at Track days and Akrapovic exhausts

emptyoh9

Reaction score
This might be a stupid bunch of questions and/or in the wrong place but...

I was looking at doing my first track day using my MT and most of the track days state that there's "noise" restriction. I have a few questions for those in the know...

1. How do they measure that sound, by which i mean @ at certain RPM? Right next to the exhaust etc etc...
2. Does anyone know what the db out put of an Akrapovic system is? I looked on their website and i can't see it stated (guess too many variables?) I've got the baffle out...
3. Also isn't the definition of noise "unwanted sound" how can be what comes of the the akra be unwanted? :p

Cheers guys

emptyoh9

Reaction score
I was being lazy, just seen how its tested....still don't know the output of the Akra though...

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was being lazy, just seen how its tested....still don't know the output of the Akra though...
Put it this way...
U'll need to put the baffle back in if you want to ride it on a track without getting black flagged lol

Marlboromt

Reaction score
I have been out a few times this year and it just scrapes by with the baffle out. You can have 105db and it's 104.8

My Toy

Reaction score
At Cadwell they noise tested the bikes with a static tester very close to the exhaust outlet giving you a sticker with your reading on. At donington they use noise meters at various locations around the circuit linked in the the local authority and any bike that is too loud will be black flagged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spot

Reaction score
All I know is that I drove into the car park at work today and my Akra set off a car alarm
I also noticed whilst driving down the road the other day some young kids actually had their hands over their ears!
Do you think it might just be a tad loud? :)

Spot

Reaction score
I was looking at doing my first track day using my MT
Where you thinking of going?
Mallory is close to you and is a nice short and easy to learn circuit. I managed to do 1m 12s laps on my RS250 (with built in lap timer) which I though was awesome as i'm a novice but then I realised experts on 125's were belting round in about 58 seconds !
Would love to try Mallory on the MT.....

emptyoh9

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys. I had a cheeky bet on Rossi at the the weekend and all i can say is, Betfred, wahahahahahahahah. So i'll put that towards some more crash protection then get a track day sorted soon before the weather turns on us.

Oh and when i put the baffle in i forgot to put the little black bung back in and now i've lost....bugger!