Dead meter

KLRKris

Reaction score
Hello all

I'm kind of stumped on this one. 2015 FZ09, meter/display worked when bike was last ridden and parked. Went to ride bike, turn key, no display or backlight. Meter area is just dark. Idiot lights all around the LCD still work. Bike starts and runs without issue. Replaced battery as it was starting to get weak thinking it might be related but no love. Checked wires, fuses connectors. Everything seems ok. Disconnected battery and unplugged/replugged meter, reconnected battery, still nothing. with all the bikes I've owned, this issue is a first for me. Is it a know issue? There seems to be some evidence that yamaha meters, even on the ATV's are prone to failure.

stevecbr

Reaction score
Yes fairly common issue here in the UK. Mine packed up over 18 months ago, and Im aware of others in the UK with broken ones. At the time it couldnt be repaired, a new one is £500 but I managed to get a 2nd hand one for £250 (mine is a gen 1 2013 model)
You are now able to get them repaired in the UK, I think about the £250-275 mark

Attachments

KLRKris

Reaction score
Yes fairly common issue here in the UK. Mine packed up over 18 months ago, and Im aware of others in the UK with broken ones. At the time it couldnt be repaired, a new one is £500 but I managed to get a 2nd hand one for £250 (mine is a gen 1 2013 model)
You are now able to get them repaired in the UK, I think about the £250-275 mark
Thanks for your reply. Mine does not even have the backlight working. Idiot lights all work around the edges, directional etc. A new meter in US is about $300.00. As long as the issue is as simple as that, I'm good with it.

KLRKris

Reaction score
Its worth taking it to bits first to check the ribbin cable hasnt come loose, you have nothing to loose
Thanks Steve, I'll definitely look at that before purchasing a new meter.