Dealer ecu flash

rob5006

Reaction score
Going in Tues for re-flash. Just to let interested members know that I will report my feedback when it is done. So far, 100% pos. feedback from MT09/FZ09 owners who have had this mapping done...Regards.

# FULL REPORT ON THE NEW MAPPING AVAILABLE ON PAGE 16, POST NUMBER 151...to save you having to trawl through all the posts.#
(In a nutshell-It's Brilliant!)

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Because it was going way off topic...

As u can appreciate, there are a fair few hundred posts on that thread and half of it was people arranging meets and general chit chat about nothing in general.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Exactly...
The thread I started was about the "none Yamaha flash"

They somehow got mixed together and it wud take people hours to read thru and pick out which part was Yamaha and which was the "alternative" flash.

This way u boys can get on with ur chatting about the Yamaha flash and I will post the results from the "alternative" flash as and when we get them. If that's ok?

rob5006

Reaction score
An exaggeration there about half the content and a very subjective view of other people's comments. As far as I could see they were all expanding on the topic you started about improving the ECU.

Hardly a reason to close a thread without any warning. You could just have asked people to stay on topic or open new topics.
I agree. Didn't mean to step on anybody's toes...just trying to update members with an important piece of news which I deemed to be relevant to the performance of the MT09 as soon as I had it...Think I offered to meet up with Makfai once to assess together the impact of the re-map. Think a bit more diplomacy could have gained the end result to the thread without it being done in a somewhat blunt manner.

Last edited:

RipGroove

Reaction score
Subscribed, awaiting info on this [emoji106]

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I see - you didn't want discussions of the official Yamaha modification to undermine interest in /discussions of the non-Yamaha approved flash. Why not just say that rather than close the thread - we could have just opened a new thread.
Nothing to do with UNDERMINING interest. It was all about trying to keep the two flash options separate.

crotchrocket

Reaction score
I guess it's ironic this threat has gone off topic.........by discussing threads going off topic..... Lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess it's ironic this threat has gone off topic.........by discussing threads going off topic..... Lol
It seems to be the norm over the past month.....

I wonder if it's possible for a thread to go off topic about discussing a thread that's gone off topic, after a thread went off topic?

Discuss.......!

flydnb

Reaction score
:D Hello, hello, hello! Handwriting expert too now?:rolleyes:
How do you know how coppers write?
Do traffic cops write like beat cops or CID cops?

Is your comment a criticism or a compliment?

"You are not obliged to answer . . . " because 'police bashing' is against the rules of the forum and I wouldn't want to be accused of being an agent provocateur.

Now, I suppose that this post may seem to some to be sarcastic but I don't see it myself. More tongue in cheek!
no you construct you're sentences like a copper for example " you are not obliged to answer " are you going to read me my rights too?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
no you construct you're sentences like a copper for example " you are not obliged to answer " are you going to read me my rights too?
It does tend to lean towards him being a copper...

I shud know..... I spent enuf time around them lol

M

MT account

how many more threads do we need on ecu's? either ride the thing, get it tamed down and then live with it or buy a suzuki bergman........now then, whats occurring on the cottaging scene????

Thunder Child

Reaction score
Right - so I actually have this updated Yamaha map on my MT09 and don't care who's a cop...

The bike is in no way dumbed down or slowed down. It simply no longer seems to go from 0% to 20% throttle in the first millimetre of throttle travel. A mode still tries to do loops but no longer tried to buck me if I go over a pothole. STD now jus rides pretty smoothly but with full power. B mode = whatever, it's not rained yet.

I had big trouble with the original map because at 105kg + gear I was finding the suspension bouncing me all over the place and no matter how lightly I held the throttle I was getting lots of inadvertent throttle input which was surging me forward or severely engine braking me and it was extremely unpleasant. But now I have a huge smile the whole time I'm riding to and from work. Haven't had a chance for twisties yet :(

flydnb

Reaction score
Its flydnb not fydidildedy, so we have established you are a police officer, what part of the force are you in sir?

flydnb

Reaction score
Right - so I actually have this updated Yamaha map on my MT09 and don't care who's a cop...

The bike is in no way dumbed down or slowed down. It simply no longer seems to go from 0% to 20% throttle in the first millimetre of throttle travel. A mode still tries to do loops but no longer tried to buck me if I go over a pothole. STD now jus rides pretty smoothly but with full power. B mode = whatever, it's not rained yet.

I had big trouble with the original map because at 105kg + gear I was finding the suspension bouncing me all over the place and no matter how lightly I held the throttle I was getting lots of inadvertent throttle input which was surging me forward or severely engine braking me and it was extremely unpleasant. But now I have a huge smile the whole time I'm riding to and from work. Haven't had a chance for twisties yet :(
excellent news mate , glad its working, so it does not feel dumbed down when in std and A mode.