Designing a Akrapovic ti replacement baffle

dragonclaw

Reaction score
Ok then good response. Once i have my next prototype (looks like it will be after the holidays now:( ) i will test it and get some pictures on the site ASAP along with the final pricing and lead time. Once i have done that i will start on getting a batch of 5-10 made up. The ones who have posted their interest first will be the first ones to get offered the baffles :). However if more people are interested i can always up the batch numbers thats not a problem :)

dragonclaw

Reaction score
Quick update, materials will be here next week so once i have that i will start forming the first baffle. I will once i am finished i will stick it on my bike and do a few long rides to test it our fully. Then we should be all go, as for shipping for shipping oversees, i don't see why not would just need to find pricing for shipping :)

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Quick update, materials will be here next week so once i have that i will start forming the first baffle. I will once i am finished i will stick it on my bike and do a few long rides to test it our fully. Then we should be all go, as for shipping for shipping oversees, i don't see why not would just need to find pricing for shipping :)
Have you got one designed already, the one you did a while back looked great, but is this one going to be a different design altogether or based on the same...

dragonclaw

Reaction score
It's based on the same design just made out of a stainless steel exhaust tube which is expanded at certain points to form the shape instead of machining. The result should be a lighter and cheaper baffle.

dragonclaw

Reaction score
Right another quick update. I'm busy at the moment experimenting flaring the first test baffle. Looks like i might have to increase the tolerances a bit due the the flaring been a bit non-uniform, only by 0.2-0.5mm so not much. I don't think this should effect the performance of the baffle at all. I'm hoping to have it on the bike by next week to do a bit of testing when the weather improves. By the end of the month I should have finished my testing and be looking to sell some if all goes to plan. :) Keep an eye on this thread.

Clint Kingston

Reaction score
Right another quick update. I'm busy at the moment experimenting flaring the first test baffle. Looks like i might have to increase the tolerances a bit due the the flaring been a bit non-uniform, only by 0.2-0.5mm so not much. I don't think this should effect the performance of the baffle at all. I'm hoping to have it on the bike by next week to do a bit of testing when the weather improves. By the end of the month I should have finished my testing and be looking to sell some if all goes to plan. :) Keep an eye on this thread.
Hey mate, really good what you are doing, but I'm an impatient prick :D any chance of purchasing one of your machined Mk1 baffles? I don't really care about cost.

dragonclaw

Reaction score
Haha i know that feeling hence why i got it matched. Knew it would fit first time because of how the tolerances can be managed. Now the likely hood is the mk2 baffle I'm working on will be finished before a machined one can be done. If you can hold on just a few more weeks i don't think you will regret it :)

This weekend hopefully i will get out and test MK2. Then it will just be a case of ordering more material and getting a batch made which should take me a week. I'm going to do 10-15 to start and see how they sell. Any feed back from people would also be welcome once people have got and used their baffles. Thinking about it though what I might do is post a video on my youtube channel (Ginger Geordie Biker, just plug my channel shamelessly :p) of the baffle in the bike and without and have Db levels. Then people can see what there buying and the performance :)

Clint Kingston

Reaction score
Haha i know that feeling hence why i got it matched. Knew it would fit first time because of how the tolerances can be managed. Now the likely hood is the mk2 baffle I'm working on will be finished before a machined one can be done. If you can hold on just a few more weeks i don't think you will regret it :)

This weekend hopefully i will get out and test MK2. Then it will just be a case of ordering more material and getting a batch made which should take me a week. I'm going to do 10-15 to start and see how they sell. Any feed back from people would also be welcome once people have got and used their baffles. Thinking about it though what I might do is post a video on my youtube channel (Ginger Geordie Biker, just plug my channel shamelessly :p) of the baffle in the bike and without and have Db levels. Then people can see what there buying and the performance :)
I could be interested in buying a bulk lot 10-15 shipped to Australia, if you want to double up on that first batch

I'm confident these will sell lot hot cakes among the owners group here.

NorseWulf

Reaction score
Good luck with the testing Dragonclaw. I'am up for buying one off you when they are ready mate :)

dragonclaw

Reaction score
So here is baffle mark two, this picture was taken just after i made it minus the hole for the mounting screw. A lot of swearing but it came out alright. Lighter then the machined one so i think i will be using a mk2 myself. Did get a chance to test it last week end but it's meant to be sunny this one so fingers crossed. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :)

WP_20160128_002.jpg