Designing a Akrapovic ti replacement baffle

dragonclaw

Reaction score
Quick update, i have got 7 orders but i have ordered enough material to do 10 baffle for this batch so 3 more orders can be taken and they will get the baffle within the 2 weeks. Also Clint the baffle weighs dead on 200g so you could fit 100 baffles in the 20kg allowance :). I shall keep everyone up to date :)

Clint Kingston

Reaction score
I thought I would be able to garner a lot more interest in this here in Oz... but sadly no. So I will just take 1 for myself at this point in time.

Email or PM me when you are ready to take payments. I've been popping in from time to time to keep an eye on this thread.

dragonclaw

Reaction score
Right another quick up date on progress, i was ahead of time however just got the tube material today and found to my dismay that they have sent me the wrong size. It is too big to work with so busy trying to get that sent back, however this shouldn't effect the delivery because like i say i was ahead of my time table. Sods law comes to mind. Clint i will PM you with the payment details still need to get the shipping price which i will get to you soon. Any questions off anyone just fire away :)

dragonclaw

Reaction score
Update. I have sorted out getting the right tube which will be here Tuesday, everything else for the kit (nuts bolts etc) i have so everything is still on track. I have also carried on testing the MK2 baffle and can confirm that it spits flame like a goodin, i for one think this is a good thing :p. Waiting on a DNA filter as well just so the bike breaths better all round. I also still have one unclaimed baffle which i can get out of this batch if anyone is interested :)

dragonclaw

Reaction score
Update time, have been called away by work to Ipswich till Saturday hence I haven't been able to post updates, internets not too good. But I shall be working on the baffles on Sunday and am aiming to get them out by Monday :)

dragonclaw

Reaction score
lol yeah the fun, but redesigning and fixing a car shredder is an up. More so when you see full cars turned into small bits :D. But i am back up north, i have the new pipe so will finish the baffles tomorrow and send them out Monday night :)

dragonclaw

Reaction score
Right finally got the baffles completed, tried in my exhaust outlet they were fine. Tried them on a mates and they were a bit tight, guess there must be some difference in tolerances between each exhaust batch. However i went around it with some course wet and dry and that shorted it out, so if this is the case for your exhaust just do that i will include it in the instructions. I have them all packed and ready to send so you should all get the baffles this week. For people over seas i will get prices when i send this lot off. :)

RipGroove

Reaction score
Add me to the list [emoji41] (UK) I can make payment whenever you have one available. No hole is fine with me too.

Before I commit though, can anyone describe what it sounds like? I find the stock baffle too quiet but with it out it sounds far too harsh and deep.

Sent from my iPhone 

Last edited:

dragonclaw

Reaction score
Rip i shall have to see if i can squeeze another baffle out of the last bit of tube i have, i think you might be in luck though but i will get back to you on that. As for sound i did put a video up on this thread but i have put the link below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_DtVDqzSUE
The video doesn't do it justice but it give an idea of what the difference is using the DB meter and just hearing the sound. I find it takes the harshness out of the exhaust now but keeps the nice deep notes. Also it still spits flame like a good one which i like haha

RipGroove

Reaction score
Rip i shall have to see if i can squeeze another baffle out of the last bit of tube i have, i think you might be in luck though but i will get back to you on that. As for sound i did put a video up on this thread but i have put the link below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_DtVDqzSUE
The video doesn't do it justice but it give an idea of what the difference is using the DB meter and just hearing the sound. I find it takes the harshness out of the exhaust now but keeps the nice deep notes. Also it still spits flame like a good one which i like haha
Cool thanks, is it still as deep as with the baffle out completely? As that's a little too deep for me.

Sent from my iPhone 

Last edited:

dragonclaw

Reaction score
No it's not as deep by any means but still has a nice base note, unbaffled this exhaust is just way to loud in my mind. Really the baffles isn't a baffle as such it's more of a gas deflector which isn't meant to be removed. Without it the gases basically only enter one of the 3 chambers within the back box. With it in these gases go through all the chambers but with the 3 piped baffle more energy (sound, heat, kinetic etc) is dissipated. When manufacturing the back box, it's easier to press these pipes (baffles) in through the outlet hence why they are a pain to remove. I can bet if was cheaper these would have been permanently fixed within the exhaust. My design of baffle basically just acts as a sound chamber amplifying the sound coming from all three internal pipes increasing the sounds level. While still using all the chambers within the exhaust. It also reduces the energy required to move the gases through 120mm of small tubes.

I really should need to get out on the bike more, i have far too much time reverse engineering things and trying to improve them haha

RipGroove

Reaction score
Yeah I saw how the can worked when I had it all apart so that makes sense. Let me know if you have enough material to make another then and I'll have one.

Sent from my iPhone 

dragonclaw

Reaction score
Right baffles have been sent after I brought the local post office to a stand still. You all should get them in the next few days. Rip I'm going to have a go at making a baffle for you when i get a free minute this week. Also for the overseas buyers i was going to ask today but after all the problems they were having they couldn't tell me. I will find out asap though :)

RipGroove

Reaction score
Right baffles have been sent after I brought the local post office to a stand still. You all should get them in the next few days. Rip I'm going to have a go at making a baffle for you when i get a free minute this week. Also for the overseas buyers i was going to ask today but after all the problems they were having they couldn't tell me. I will find out asap though :)
Thanks dude. Just give me a shout if and when.

Sent from my iPhone 