Designing a Akrapovic ti replacement baffle

Reaction score
Cheers fella ,Baffle arrived today, but due to health issues i won't be fitting it just yet,but it looks the business and a well put together package,so hopefully i will be able to fit it soon and enjoy a slightly quieter bike.:cool:

Last edited:

dragonclaw

Reaction score
Not a problem Michael, should stop your ears from bleeding :p. Once you fit it you will have to get back to me with what you think and thats goes for everyone :)

NorseWulf

Reaction score
Arrived today thanks

Fit's in pretty good on my Akra just got to drill and fit tomorrow

dragonclaw

Reaction score
Thats good to here Norse, like i say get back to me with you opinion on it when you get it on :)

Cabby

Reaction score
Got mine yesterday, not sure what I was expecting but feeling a little disappointed, though that's my issue not the supplier.

I presumme it goes in wide end first ?? Mine seems to only go in half way so will try and buff it down a tad see how it is.

dragonclaw

Reaction score
Yeah it goes in small end first because the small tube fits within the flange within the exhaust. The sizing is a pain but i have found different exhausts have slightly different diameters. Once the flaring tool is set its accurate to 0.1mm but seems the Akra has bigger tolerance. But a bit of sanding does make it fit.

dragonclaw

Reaction score
also forgot to mention there is a weld on the inside of the exhaust which buts up against the larger flare of the baffle. If you stick it in the wrong way the baffle will stop when it hits that which is around half way, turn it around should go all the way until it hits the inner flange :)

loneranger

Reaction score
mine is very tight and only goes halfway I have sanded for 20 mins and still not going in. In the end i took it out and put back my original cut down baffle. Lot easier!

Cranky

Reaction score
Fitted mine tonight went in easy just too late to go out and try it ?

NorseWulf

Reaction score
Just an update for you Dragonclaw
I did think mine was pushed all the way down but the weld on the inside of the Akra means it just stops short, it turns out it is just about 5mm short of of being all the way down.
Still I'am happy with the glorious sound the bike is now making on acceleration.
I think it should still be getting plenty of back pressure with your modded baffle.
Got a good long Memorial ride down here in Cornwall on Sunday, So should get plenty of comments on how it sounds from others.

Cabby

Reaction score
Update from me. Although initially disappointed with the item upon receiving it (that's my issue not the supplier) I finally got round to fitting it at the weekend and road the bike yesterday for around 150 miles and I'm happy to report I like it so will be staying in place ��

Cabby

Reaction score
On long runs the open exhaust wears you down, this sounded just spot on as a compromise [emoji106]

loneranger

Reaction score
I've filed mine down on the larger flange area with a iron file. Still don't go in and if i push any harder it definitely will never come out again. sandpaper did nothing hence the move upto a file.