Designing a Akrapovic ti replacement baffle

RipGroove

Reaction score
Right baffles have been sent after I brought the local post office to a stand still. You all should get them in the next few days. Rip I'm going to have a go at making a baffle for you when i get a free minute this week. Also for the overseas buyers i was going to ask today but after all the problems they were having they couldn't tell me. I will find out asap though :)
If you can't get another one made do you mind PM'ing me the dimensions and I'll make one myself? Failing that I'll just have to take a bore micrometer home and measure it all myself.

Or even just the dimensions of your version 1 as I'm a machinist so could make myself one. I have a piece of titanium bar that's 65mm diameter and 110mm long, wonder if that'll be big enough?

FYI I'm not in a position to start knocking them out myself as I don't get the time for my own projects so I'll only be making myself one for personal use.

Sent from my iPhone 

Last edited:

RipGroove

Reaction score
Titanium, 65mm dia x 110mm long

Sent from my iPhone 

Last edited:

dragonclaw

Reaction score
Sorry for not replying to this thread in a while, mixture of work and the wife being in hospital has kinda taken up a far bit of my time but things have settled down now :)

First off how did everyone find there baffles, i have had a few positive PM's and looking of this thread a few on here as well.

Also Ripgroove that bar stock should do you, my mk 1 baffle was matched from a solid lump and that the one i'm still using. Was out of 304 stainless though. I have a drawing somewhere which has dimensions on for machining one of these.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Sorry for not replying to this thread in a while, mixture of work and the wife being in hospital has kinda taken up a far bit of my time but things have settled down now :)

First off how did everyone find there baffles, i have had a few positive PM's and looking of this thread a few on here as well.

Also Ripgroove that bar stock should do you, my mk 1 baffle was matched from a solid lump and that the one i'm still using. Was out of 304 stainless though. I have a drawing somewhere which has dimensions on for machining one of these.
I would greatly appreciate the drawing as I only have the 1x piece of titanium so I need to get it right first time! lol

Sent from my iPhone 

dragonclaw

Reaction score
62.5mm outer flange for the exit, this is 40mm in length and 54mm ID for the inner flange with a 1mm wall thickness if i recall. haha like i say i will hunt the drawings out and PM you. Just double check your exhaust measurements as i have found out everyone's exhaust seems to be slightly different. :)

RipGroove

Reaction score
Do you recall the overall length?

Sent from my iPhone 

RipGroove

Reaction score
So basically this but with 70mm where the question mark is..

I will of course be measuring my exhaust first but it's handy to have an idea first.

Sent from my iPhone 

dragonclaw

Reaction score
Yeah thats pretty much it, i also stuck a chamfer between the step, you will find that it will but up against a weld within the exhaust exhaust which helps keep the gases from leaking past as much.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Yeah thats pretty much it, i also stuck a chamfer between the step, you will find that it will but up against a weld within the exhaust exhaust which helps keep the gases from leaking past as much.
Perfect thanks man, I'll whip my exhaust off and take it in to work to measure it properly before I start cutting metal [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone 

carbonni

Reaction score
Original pipe size for mk2 baffle?

Hi dragonclaw,
I was looking to buy one of these baffles from you but seemed to have missed the boat.

I'm now talking to a local exhaust company to have one made up, same as your Mk2, but they need confirmation of the pipe size you used to make it?
Can you confirm what size it was please?

Thanks

Cranky

Reaction score
Hi dragonclaw,
I was looking to buy one of these baffles from you but seemed to have missed the boat.

I'm now talking to a local exhaust company to have one made up, same as your Mk2, but they need confirmation of the pipe size you used to make it?
Can you confirm what size it was please?

Thanks
I'm selling my bike so if you want to buy my replacement baffle I will sell it and put the original back in

HOXTON MOTO

Reaction score
Akrapovic Baffle Replacement

So I have a Akrapovic exhaust and i'm looking to design a baffle insert to replace the one already in. Just don't like the idea of modifying the stock one in case i want to use it again. I was going to take mine out and measure it but i went to take the baffle out and no luck. The baffle screw was offset from the out exhaust casing whole so it catches on the metal so i can't get it out.

I will get around to removing my baffle. In the mean time to get things moving could someone be nice enough to measure the baffle they have and pass the measurements to me. Main one being the outer diameter flange which has the captive nut on. Just then i can start CADing something up (My day job is a design engineer).

Once i have my prototype done (aka one for my bike) if anyone would like one i will get a batch of them machined if i get enough interest and see who much it would be. I'll stick some renderings up once i have it modeled.

Thanks
I'm a bit late contributing to this thread, but I had made a new baffle out of ally after removing original for the Akrapovic. Attached is pic and drawing. Once the baffle was made I tapped a 6mm thread in the side to use the original securing capscrew.

Attachments

trythat

Reaction score
As Atomic asked, is anybody making and selling this Baffle for us mortals who can't manufacture them ourselves?
Or is there a link to get them somewhere else?