Do I need a remap?????

Riceman

Reaction score
Hello all
I have a 2016 MT09 and have just changed my standard exhaust for and aftermarket black widow full exhaust system . There is some back fire now. What I would like to know is do I have to remap the bike. It runs fine without any power lose. I just worry if by changing the exhaust it could damage my engine. The back fire l like but not if it damages the bike. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thank you

DaveC

Reaction score
My 2014 MT09 has the akrapovic system and also backfires on the over run.
I changed my co to 14 on all cylinders.
It not doing any damage, its just a bit of unburned fuel igniting in the exhaust system.

Fluke

Reaction score
Hello all
I have a 2016 MT09 and have just changed my standard exhaust for and aftermarket black widow full exhaust system . There is some back fire now. What I would like to know is do I have to remap the bike. It runs fine without any power lose. I just worry if by changing the exhaust it could damage my engine. The back fire l like but not if it damages the bike. Any advise would be much appreciated. Thank you
Hi mate,
I'm on to my second MT (after the first one was nicked). Both had full systems and both were remapped. My advice is to definitely get it remapped. Not because you may be damaging the engine but because the improvements transform the bike. If you're not a million miles from Reading, get in touch with Simon at S-Tec (07825 447873) who did both of mine as well as two other mates' MTs. Ask him about how much damage you might be causing too. He's super knowledgable as he does so many MTs.
Hope this helps

Riceman

Reaction score
Hi mate,
I'm on to my second MT (after the first one was nicked). Both had full systems and both were remapped. My advice is to definitely get it remapped. Not because you may be damaging the engine but because the improvements transform the bike. If you're not a million miles from Reading, get in touch with Simon at S-Tec (07825 447873) who did both of mine as well as two other mates' MTs. Ask him about how much damage you might be causing too. He's super knowledgable as he does so many MTs.
Hope this helps
Thanks very much for your reply.

Stanno

Reaction score
Same as, Simon at S-Tec did my MT09 usual extras change fan kick in temp, remove the speed limiter, smooth the snatchy throttle etc.. for the cost it’s probably the best money you will spend

SteveM

Reaction score
S-Tec also do a 'Mail In' service where you can send them your ECU and they'll send it back to you by return of post. You simply tell them what exhaust system you're running and about any other modifications you might have made and they'll reflash the ECU without you having to go anywhere near a dyno. They did mine like this and it runs perfect, much much better than stock.

Stanno

Reaction score
S-Track did mine excellent, Simon is top fella, posted it to him excellent service, if you have taken the cat out I would always remap also he will always improve on the standard map

09Wes

Reaction score
Hi mate,
Hope this helps
The only mod I made to my FZ IS A M4 slip with the baffle in, sans the remap. I did this about two months ago when it was still summer here in Vegas. I monitored the engine temp for about two weeks and it never went above 220•, stopped and sitting in traffic.
In my experience putting on a slip on without any other changes should have little or no effect on your bike. Keep us posted.