Does anyone have one of these?

ninjaef

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these RAM mounts that fits a Tracer 900 2015-2017 and can kindly provide the measurements. I've asked a couple of retailers but they say they are not stock items and delivered straight to customers from the manufacturer. I have the Service Manuals for both the pre-2018 models and the 2018 model, and looking at the chassis diagrams this should/may fit I just need the measurements to confirm.

Tracer900_RAM_Mount.JPG

Scaley

Reaction score
I've got one fitted to my 2016. Spacers should come with mount and are needed to hold the plate off the screen mounting.
Due to vibration , the ball ( when loaded ) nut is prone to loosen and let your satnav swing low. I epoxy'd mine and had no more problems.
Sorry can't make any measurements at the moment.

Sent from my A8 using Tapatalk

ninjaef

Reaction score
Well thankyou
but the only important factors at this time are the measurements

JohnD

Reaction score
Take your screen off and measure the distances or place a piece of paper over the mounts and trace around them.
Thats what I did for my phone mount and spotlight mounts.

20180612_191003.jpg

ninjaef

Reaction score
I know my measurements on my 2018, 2018 model, 2018!!

I'm asking if anyone had one of these fitted, not anything else like spot mounts, but one of these.....to see if it might fit mine

Wynner

Reaction score
I'll try and measure up over the weekend. Mine is home made though from I think 3 or 4 mm alloy plate.

Glennholmes

Reaction score
RAM Mount

Does anyone have one of these RAM mounts that fits a Tracer 900 2015-2017 and can kindly provide the measurements. I've asked a couple of retailers but they say they are not stock items and delivered straight to customers from the manufacturer. I have the Service Manuals for both the pre-2018 models and the 2018 model, and looking at the chassis diagrams this should/may fit I just need the measurements to confirm.

View attachment 5229
I have one of these fitted to my 2016 model and its brill. will go in the garage tomorrow and get those measurements for you if no one else gets them to you first,

JohnD

Reaction score
I know my measurements on my 2018, 2018 model, 2018!!

I'm asking if anyone had one of these fitted, not anything else like spot mounts, but one of these.....to see if it might fit mine
If you look through the screen you will see the mount I have for my GPS.

Tracerbilly

Reaction score

View attachment 5229
A 72mm B 95mm C 120 mm to centre holes

DT Instruct

Reaction score
I have fitted a similar to a 2017 Tracer. Reports on the one with the 'cut outs' mentioned that it vibrates too much. I purchased an 'upgraded' mount from a company in Greece!! called 'Cosmo'. £30 inc postage. It has a ridge in the middle to prevent vibration. So far (when fitted to my Garmin 6600 no problems.

ninjaef

Reaction score
Thank to everyone. From measurements, this item will not fix to the 2018 Tracer GT. So its onward and upward in my search.

Spook99

Reaction score
Thank to everyone. From measurements, this item will not fix to the 2018 Tracer GT. So its onward and upward in my search.
Did you ever get sorted with your RAM for 2018 GT? I just got this one from Amazon (bizarrely it was sent from Greece?) for my ˋ19 GT
Just put it on last nite, fits well but. They supply longer metal Alan key screws to replace the plastic original screws that hold the screen in place. So I got some rubber washers to protect the screen. However once I got it on I noticed (not surprisingly) that the 2 brackets hold the screen off the original mounting plate, by the thickness of the 2 brackets, about 3-4 ml. This means the screen doesn’t now touch the little rubber stopper/bumper at the top of the original mounting plate. Not really an issue but used a couple more rubber washers on the bottom 2 screws to angle the screen slightly further back, so it’s now almost touching it, job done.
I was using the mount you’ve been asking about on my old Tracy and it worked well. What I really like about that one and this one is that it’s quite high and in your eye line when you ride. You don’t have to look like your in a heavy metal concert head banging everytime you wanna look at your gps.

Attachments