Drag racing thread, post your MT/FZ 1/4 and 1/8 mile times here.

Dala

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

A search didn't reveal any threads specific to 1/4 mile times so I thought I would start one.

Anyone taken their MT/FZ to the drags? I know that isn't their design brief but they are still pretty capable for a cheap mid sized bike. There is also some discrepancies with 1/4 mile times in reviews I can find around the place with most being in mid 11s but one having a 10.6 second time stated. If you've taken yours to the strip post your time and mods below.

I took my completely stock 2015 MT-09 (2000ks old) to Calder park raceway in Melbourne last night and managed 5 runs, all pretty consistent, a few 11.4s because I got a little carried away and touched the limiter in a gear or two and a couple of 11.3s, Best being a 11.326 at 199kph.

Reaction times were also pretty consistent and it's one thing I try to concentrate on to get the jump on faster bikes, two bad starts were low .2s, two good starts were .094 and .084 and I red lighted on one by 5/1000ths of a second, so close to the perfect start!

Pretty happy with the results and managed to beat every bike I was up against off the start and to the 60' mark, the only bike to beat me to the line was a 9 second lowered 2015 GSXR-1000 which I ran against twice. a couple of victories I was happy with was against a 2015 Aprilia Tuono and a Ducati Panigale 1199, I managed quicker 1/4 times than both of those despite them having a much higher top speed at the finish line, meaning the race was won off the line on both occasions, it's good to see that their electronics still doesn't mean that any noob can run fast.

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
Couldn't comment on the sprint times, but seems pretty impressive (particularly against the Panigale). I do know Calder Park though as passed it many times on route from the City to Woodend where my Bro lives.

Last edited:

phunkshun

Reaction score
Thought I'd give this thread a bit of a revival, Just went to the drags on the weekend for the first time and I gotta say the MT-09 is a weapon. Quickest time was an 11.154 at 216km/h (still waiting on the footage from my mate) the next time I go I'm aiming for a 10sec pass and all the bike has done is the Akro titainium

phunkshun

Reaction score
So this thread is Lively, since my last post I have run a 10.593 at 137mph no tune or quickshifter, unstraped in full street trim

grizzwald

Reaction score
Thas quick mate, mine's pretty stock engine wise too, apart from the Leo Vince full system and was hoping someone would post a stock time. :cool:

grizzwald

Reaction score
Thas quick mate, mine's pretty stock engine wise too, apart from the Leo Vince full system and was hoping someone would post a stock time. :cool: