Ducati Scrambler? Ho Ho Ho!

Fluke

Reaction score
Just flicking through the Chrimbo issue of MCN, (I didn't pay for it, honest:D) and came across their article about the new Duke scrambler.
Squint at it and it's got the same silhouette as an MT-09. I've not sat on one but it looks like a similar riding position too.
I'd even go as far as to suggest they are quite similar bikes but when you look at the stats, they just don't stack up.
The MT-09 blows it away. I'm always going to feel a bit smug pulling up next to one at the lights and a lot smugger when I leave it standing:cool:
Nice try Ducati but I'll stick with my Yam

RatHead

Reaction score
For me the similarities end at having 2 wheels and being naked.

MT-09 is sporty modern naked.

Scrambler laid back retro bike.

Horses for courses. I like both bikes.

Twozup

Reaction score
^^what he says^^
I think the Full Throttle version fruckin stunning. Bet it sounds fantastic too Id have one.
Don't see the similarity tbh.
I love my Yam to bits but still like looking at other bikes and giving credit where due
Peace out

Can I have a few weeks in Lanzarote for Christmas this year please.

flipper

Reaction score
with 75bhp it's more on a par with the MT07. I had a Ducati once. Never again.

lee1980

Reaction score
I did for about 2 mins toy with idea of waiting to try one before ordering an MT-09. Thoughts of like wont be going so fast just cruising etc, cool factor etc prob more than powerful enough for my commute to. Have had Ducatis before and peeps are like oooh cool etc but thats about it.
It would have to of been the new 821 or 1200 monster but even the 821 is like 8500 I think in dark version.

I have to say my local Duke dealer were great when I had my 2 from them years ago, more personal service etc, but of course pricy to.

Twozup

Reaction score
I had a Ducati once.
I had a Ducati once too. A 1972 350 bevel engine turned into cafe racer. Never anything but problems with it but loved it all the same. Marmite Bikes- you either love em or you don't.
Sold it for a fortune when they became really "cool" (man) and regret it every day since.
Still haven't heard anything that sounds like a Ducati V Twin with open pipes at full chat.

Can I have a few weeks in Lanzarote for Christmas this year please.

flipper

Reaction score
I had a Multistrada. The do it all sporty all rounder. The "comfort" seat was good for 35 miles before you went through it and were sat on the bodywork. Slightest bit of rain and the clocks stopped working. Footpegs so small I couldn't get my feet on them. And it was pretty gutless too. Still, credit where credit's due; it was better than the Guzzi I had.

fizzy

Reaction score
I had one of the first 916 to come into the country back in 1994, biggest disappointment of 40 years of riding bikes never again, absolutely shite!

marksim

Reaction score
I had 1 of the 1st 996 in the country back in 1998.
I did 28,000 mls on it and it never let me down,after the warranty ran out i serviced it myself.
The only thing it ate was clutches and not just the plates,The drum lasted about the same and cost about £300 a time.
Probably had something to do with it been on the back wheel most of the time.
Anyway cant really complain about Ducatis,would say that my Yam RD400F and Aprilia RS 250 have been my most unreliable bikes but hey ho i love em and there 2 strokes so wot ya expect

2FNQUIK

Reaction score
I dig the scrambler, it gives folks an easier opportunity to own a Ducati product, I call it the Ducati Sportster, it seems like manufacturers are going after the newer/younger/less experienced riders with focusing on entry-level bikes..I STILL think that Yamaha hit a homerun with the MT/FZ series, it's affordable, good build quality and they offer a unique engine that blows the competition out of the water!!!

Andyc1511

Reaction score
I dig the scrambler, it gives folks an easier opportunity to own a Ducati product, I call it the Ducati Sportster, it seems like manufacturers are going after the newer/younger/less experienced riders with focusing on entry-level bikes..I STILL think that Yamaha hit a homerun with the MT/FZ series, it's affordable, good build quality and they offer a unique engine that blows the competition out of the water!!!
Good summary, I agree!

XB12X

Reaction score
Interesting thread. I was certain I wanted a Scrambler. I thought, well it's a Ducati, so it will probably give me a few problems. Not like Ducatis of old but still stuff you could do without ... and then I saw the MT/FZ-09. No comparison. Japanese reliability. A vastly superior engine, plus it looks just as good. Thank you, Yamaha for saving me from buying a Ducati.

Unfazed

Reaction score
I like motorbikes, some float different boats, I've been riding since the sex pistols were new and exciting. Never had a really shit bike (had a few shit cars)

Keep riding

davea

Reaction score
Done it

I have been there and done that, got rid of the scrambler for the mt09.
my opinion of the ducati?
yes it was a nice bike, but not nice enough, speedo glass cracked of its own accord, and front brake issue's, na goodbye ducati