Dynojet PCV for FZ-09

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ive missed something here - put what right?

Expensive option but flashtune have a DIY thats comapatible with international models (or so it says) - you can load the PCV maps from their site which caters for TB FT ECU Inc. » 14-15 FZ / MT – 9 Data-Link ECU Flashing Kits
Basically no matter how much we "fettle" with the TB exhaust we can't get rid of the massive power dip between 5-6k rpm. Not gonna shell out even more money with this exhaust. Dyno'd etc etc. By the time i have spent more money I cud of bought 2 Akrapovič ones for that...!

MT-09 Wheelie Wheelie mental.....!

Schultzy

Reaction score
Basically no matter how much we "fettle" with the TB exhaust we can't get rid of the massive power dip between 5-6k rpm. Not gonna shell out even more money with this exhaust. Dyno'd etc etc. By the time i have spent more money I cud of bought 2 Akrapovič ones for that...!

Can you feel that on the ride or is it only visible on the dyno?

Cant say I had that problem although ive had either an EJK or ECU flash running - my bike seems to pull harder from 5-6K onwards then anything although I havent dyno'd it to confirm - probably doing that in a few weeks.

Id be interested to know what TB's feedback is on the powerdip.

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Cant say I had that problem although ive had either an EJK or ECU flash running - my bike seems to pull harder from 5-6K onwards then anything although I havent dyno'd it to confirm - probably doing that in a few weeks.

Very noticeable as it's rite in the mid range. It rockets up thru the revs. Gets to 5k, nothing happens bit still increases in revs slowly and then when it hits 6k it rockets off again. TB say they haven't had a problem with it but as I'm the first person over here to put one on an EU bike I obviously am having problems. They have only put one on an FZ and they had to put a PCV on as well to sort it all out. As soon as I finish work I'm going to order an Akrapovič and fit that.

MT-Pete

Reaction score
Very noticeable as it's rite in the mid range. It rockets up thru the revs. Gets to 5k, nothing happens bit still increases in revs slowly and then when it hits 6k it rockets off again. TB say they haven't had a problem with it but as I'm the first person over here to put one on an EU bike I obviously am having problems. They have only put one on an FZ and they had to put a PCV on as well to sort it all out. As soon as I finish work I'm going to order an Akrapovič and fit that.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to add a PCV to your list of toys on the bike, rather than buying (yet) another exhaust? Then you could have it mapped to remove the power dip.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be cheaper to add a PCV to your list of toys on the bike, rather than buying (yet) another exhaust? Then you could have it mapped to remove the power dip.
PCV + carriage + fitting + at least 3 hours writing the custom
Map on the dyno = 1x Akrapovič zorst.

Schultzy

Reaction score
Autotune would fix it too probably and a lot cheaper?

sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

Spot

Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, I took my bike down to those lovely people at Pro Bike today and they did a Dyno run of my bike with the Akra, then they fitted a PCV and a map downloaded from Dynojet for the Akra (with standard airbox). No additional tweaking was performed, just used the supplied map and it's bloody marvelous!
I don't think the graphs look particularly impressive with just a couple of extra HP and Ft/Lb but jeez you can really feel the difference. It's eliminated the snatchiness and more importantly the way the power comes in lower down is very impressive.
It just flies!
Love this bike even more now.
dyno_MT09.jpg

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
In case anyone is interested, I took my bike down to those lovely people at Pro Bike today and they did a Dyno run of my bike with the Akra, then they fitted a PCV and a map downloaded from Dynojet for the Akra (with standard airbox). No additional tweaking was performed, just used the supplied map and it's bloody marvelous!
I don't think the graphs look particularly impressive with just a couple of extra HP and Ft/Lb but jeez you can really feel the difference. It's eliminated the snatchiness and more importantly the way the power comes in lower down is very impressive.
It just flies!
Love this bike even more now.
View attachment 1365
It was nice to finally meet u mate... I'm so glad u took the time to come and see us all the way down ere lol.
Speaking to Dom after about mapping ur bike... he said that dynojet made such a great job of writing that map he only needed to "fettle" with it a tiny bit to get it running sweet...

I'm so glad ur happy with it. I hope we treated u well...

marthy

Reaction score

Agree. This is where I picked up the most between 5-6K. Like 8 ft.lb or so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Agree. This is where I picked up the most between 5-6K. Like 8 ft.lb or so.

Maybe so but u seem to be down around 10bhp and 4lbs of torque.

My bike is kicking out more than urs and uv had it tuned.

Very strange indeed

marthy

Reaction score
Dyno to dyno numbers vary. I know the one I use read a bit low... but all I care is the stock base map vs what I have now.

All I see on yours is 2 hp gain and 2 ft.lb of torque... Sorry... Mr. Spot

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dyno to dyno numbers vary. I know the one I use read a bit low... but all I care is the stock base map vs what I have now.

Just find it odd that urs is that low down to start with that's all...

Schultzy

Reaction score

What setup are you running there marthy - one of your pipes and EJK?

marthy

Reaction score
What setup are you running there marthy - one of your pipes and EJK?

Ya that was my first S shape design with Danmoto slip-on. I want to go now with my new one... delkevic ds70. CF can with a 2 3/4" outlet... sound mean!

Schultzy

Reaction score
Ya that was my first S shape design with Danmoto slip-on. I want to go now with my new one... delkevic ds70. CF can with a 2 3/4" outlet... sound mean!

Mate that pipe end is massive - nice!

Bet there aint any db killers in that haha.

Put up a vid so we can hear it when you get the time :)

Spot

Reaction score

To be honest I wasn't expecting much of an increase from just adding the PCV, as far as I was concerned the PCV was to smooth out the fueling and get rid of the snatchiness (so job done!).
It's a pity I didn't get the opportunity to get it dyno'd with the stock exhaust, I would hope that there was a decent power gain from stock.