Ecu flashing

Colin Briffett

Reaction score
Well been out for a test ride at last on my now flashed ecu and can only say that its transformed the bike so much smoother and responsive! Money well spent cheers simon @s-tech performance! If your thinking of having it done do it its worth it!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the review Colin. Glad you are happy with the service. Sorry I didn't get to meet you.

Colin Briffett

Reaction score
Yes would of been good to meet you as well. You get yourself on the road to recovery all the best mate.

LD13

Reaction score
Sorry guys which remap is this?

I'm pretty happy with my 2015 model

But I know my friend has the 2014 model and his is very aggressive on the throttle and snatchy

He is thinking about the official Yamaha remap to fix the issue, or is this remap better?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry guys which remap is this?

I'm pretty happy with my 2015 model

But I know my friend has the 2014 model and his is very aggressive on the throttle and snatchy

He is thinking about the official Yamaha remap to fix the issue, or is this remap better?
Of course this flash is better. You don't get anywhere near the same things with the Yamaha flash. Have a little read of the "aftermarket ecu flash" thread. All will be explained on there.

LD13

Reaction score
Of course this flash is better. You don't get anywhere near the same things with the Yamaha flash. Have a little read of the "aftermarket ecu flash" thread. All will be explained on there.
Cheers

Are you able to remap the ABS errors away?

Basically I'm planning to remove ABS from the rear wheel but keep it on the front.

This will give me ABS errors I'm sure...something that can be fixed on a flash?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cheers

Are you able to remap the ABS errors away?

Basically I'm planning to remove ABS from the rear wheel but keep it on the front.

This will give me ABS errors I'm sure...something that can be fixed on a flash?
Unfortunately no. We don't play about with the split usage of the abs. Most people just install a switch and have the option of turning it off for track days etc.

LD13

Reaction score
Unfortunately no. We don't play about with the split usage of the abs. Most people just install a switch and have the option of turning it off for track days etc.
Thanks for the reply.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to do it, but do you think it is possible if I could find somebody who does?

My main issue is the ABS kicking in too early but also the fact that it looks really messy with the extra cables and hoses and other components...I really just want that clean look without a bad ABS light showing up haha

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know anyone off hand but personally I think that will be a ball ache of a job to do. If I think of anyone I will give you a shout

Old Salt

Reaction score
I have a Tracer which iI would like to flash as my bike is only 1month old,it might have the latest flash but you never know does the Yamaha different flashes have number or anything to identify the firmware
and most important what does the different firmware do?

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
◦Flash options are:

◦• Disable the top speed limiter.
◦•Disable closed loop.
◦• Start up mode defaulted to A mode.
◦• Reduced engine braking (decel cut).
◦• Alter fan temperature. Set to come on at 96 and off at 91 instead of 104 on and 99 off.
◦• Turn off the AIS (clean air system). Less popping and banging. If you like the popping then leave this option turned on.

◦Any combination of these options are available.

D

Deleted member 1834

hy. thought I would just add a line. have a 14 reg mt09. had the Yamaha remap carried out by pro bike in newbury and found it did make a difference to jerky throttle. but when I put the kevex co controller on it transformed the bike even more, when bike is warm it is a real joy now to ride Can any one tell me what Kawasaki rear shock you can use to improve rear suspension. cheers

chump

Reaction score
hy. thought I would just add a line. have a 14 reg mt09. had the Yamaha remap carried out by pro bike in newbury and found it did make a difference to jerky throttle. but when I put the kevex co controller on it transformed the bike even more, when bike is warm it is a real joy now to ride Can any one tell me what Kawasaki rear shock you can use to improve rear suspension. cheers
05-06 ZX6RR or ZX10R 08-10.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know the guys at pro-bike very well. Bought all my bikes from Kevin. He's a top bloke

D

Deleted member 1834

many thanks for reply chump, might be a winter project. do you know if you have to modify the shock to make it fit

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
...do you know if you have to modify the shock to make it fit
PM Fluke (on here). He changed his stock for a ZX10 one. Think there was one small modification - enlarging a fixing mount to 12mm or something from memory. There's a bit of info in the archives if you have the time and inclination to search.

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
PM Fluke (on here). He changed his stock for a ZX10 one. Think there was one small modification - enlarging a fixing mount to 12mm or something from memory. There's a bit of info in the archives if you have the time and inclination to search.
Correct... The mounting hole needs to be drilled out from 10 to 12mm