Ecu

bikeral

Reaction score
Hey all

New member here. Had my tracer nearly 2 years, still enjoying it after it replaced my trusty old FZS600!

Looking into flashing my ECU. Few questions. Could somebody give me the pro's and con's and does it effect MPG

Anybody know the latest price

Thanks

donut

Reaction score
Hey all

New member here. Had my tracer nearly 2 years, still enjoying it after it replaced my trusty old FZS600!

Looking into flashing my ECU. Few questions. Could somebody give me the pro's and con's and does it effect MPG

Anybody know the latest price

Thanks

The price will depend on who does the flashing for you but should be around £250-£300 (I think Simon on here charges £240).

The pros may depend on what your current fuel map is like but on my 15 plate 09 it hunted quite badly on a constant throttle (although I believe Yamaha have sorted that now) but the flash sorted that.

You really need to read through the threads about flashing but you should be able to get any popping/banging removed, lessen engine braking, lower the temp that the fan cuts in, remove top speed limiter and maybe 1 or 2 other things that I've forgotten.

Will probably get a little more power and should get better running via a better air/fuel ratio.

I don't note petrol consumption but haven't noticed any noticeable difference so if it does change it's probably not by much.

For me the smoother running and reduction in fan temp was the main reason for having it done although a secondary reason was the removal of a speed limiter.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
◦MT-09 Tracer
◦Flash options are:

◦• Disable the top speed limiter.
◦•Disable closed loop.
◦• Start up mode defaulted to A mode.
◦• Reduced engine braking (decel cut).
◦• Alter fan temperature. Set to come on at 96 and off at 91 instead of 104 on and 99 off.
◦• Turn off the AIS (clean air system). Less popping and banging. If you like the popping then leave this option turned on.
◦New fuel maps now available.

◦Any combination of these options are available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get in touch for more details if you are interested

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
Couple of Q's TT.

How much is the engine brake reduced by, or can it be changed to different values?

Is there currently a fuel map for an akra system, with baffle but minus the cat?

I take it removing the speed limiter doesn't affect the rev limiter at all as I quite often get carried away and bounce off it, usually in super do-it-all gear 3.

O

owle

Couple of Q's TT.

How much is the engine brake reduced by, or can it be changed to different values?
I would be interested in more information on the decal cut also as i plan to have the ECU flash. I have found under hard acceleration changing between 3rd 4th and 5th feels like the brakes have been applied. Coming from a long time on v-twins i use engine breaking a lot of the time so don't want to end up with the characteristics of a two stroke. Thanks owle

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Couple of Q's TT.

Is there currently a fuel map for an akra system, with baffle but minus the cat?

I take it removing the speed limiter doesn't affect the rev limiter at all as I quite often get carried away and bounce off it, usually in super do-it-all gear 3.
Email us on [email protected] and we can go through all the relevant characteristics of this flash for you.