Effect if remove catalytic converter from aftermarket exhaust

s0n1c87

Reaction score
Hi. I just wondering what will the effect be if I remove my catalytic from my exhaust.
Will it sound softer or sound louder?
Will the exhaust sound become sharper and not as deep bassy sound.?

I had installed a powercommander on my bike and yet to go for dyno run. The dyno shop will only provide 2map. Therefore, I'm considering whether to remove my catalytic before I go for my dyno.

Just wondering what's the performance and sound wise upon removing it. Hope someone with the knowledges can guide me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOZSIPAHI

Reaction score
Hi. I just wondering what will the effect be if I remove my catalytic from my exhaust.
Will it sound softer or sound louder?
Will the exhaust sound become sharper and not as deep bassy sound.?

I had installed a powercommander on my bike and yet to go for dyno run. The dyno shop will only provide 2map. Therefore, I'm considering whether to remove my catalytic before I go for my dyno.

Just wondering what's the performance and sound wise upon removing it. Hope someone with the knowledges can guide me :)

Sound will change for sure, at the end you are removing one part from inside. Also there will come some blue fire and some little explosions while deceleration.

s0n1c87

Reaction score
Sound will change for sure, at the end you are removing one part from inside. Also there will come some blue fire and some little explosions while deceleration.
Lol. It's already having a lot of explosion whenever I close my throttle with my catalytic still inside. But without my baffle. [emoji106]

M

MT account

you wont notice much change in noise at all, it will reduce the back pressure in the exhaust and give you more popping and banging on over run. take it out before a tune up

Spot

Reaction score
I recently removed the cat from my Akra. The tone hasn't changed much but it is considerably louder.
And yes, there's lots more popping and banging on the overrun and I love it! :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't got a CAT in my Two Brothers. Nice and loud...! Just how I like it lol

MT-09. Wheelie Wheelie Mental

RipGroove

Reaction score
I recently removed the cat from my Akra. The tone hasn't changed much but it is considerably louder.
And yes, there's lots more popping and banging on the overrun and I love it! :)
Does the Akra have a CAT as standard? I was under the impression that it is an optional accessory.

Sent from outer space

Spot

Reaction score
Optional. Yes I was under the mistaken impression that I needed one :(