Evening from Bristol

Luweeze

Reaction score
Ello

Have found myself to be the proud owner of a new MT09 Street Rally after 10yrs on a z750 and I'm rather excited!

I was visiting a patient at home, saw this awesome bike in his neighbour's garden, discovered my bike dealer had one in stock, test ride a week later, purchased the day after that and pick up next week. Is the last of that model and they wanted rid before the ABS version next month so got £700 off and a full akra exhaust system in the deal. It's a gorgeous blue and grey and will post a pic when I get on my phone. I'm having heated grips (never had them before) and shorty levers put on as little hands meant I had trouble stretching to the un-adjustable clutch lever!

The test ride was fun as literally hadn't ridden another bike for 10yrs, other than a test ride on a Buell many moons ago. Didn't start well as dealer accidentally left A Mode on after showing me how to change them and I bunny-hopped out of Bristol, swearing like a trooper and decided I was going to turn round and take the bike back. I then noticed the A Mode so switched swiftly to standard and had a lush couple of hours, testing B Mode as well which was very handy going back into Bristol in rush hour. Also, at only 5ft4, the MT was lower than my zed, narrower in the seat and much lighter so felt very confident on it.

And it looks the dog's danglies ;)

So saying hi, I'm more of a lurker but when I do post, I tend to ramble so apologies for that! Looking forward to having a good read up :)

whooshbang

Reaction score
Hello from a fellow Bristolian and grey/blue MT09.... see you around no doubt

Luweeze

Reaction score
Thank you :)

whooshbang, deffo ... I'm buying from Fowlers so maybe see you about there :)

Luweeze

Reaction score
Ha ha ... I've learnt to adapt over the years. Most of the time anyway!