Every 2016 model MT09 is an ABS model???

Nick The Car Guy

Reaction score
Hello,

As you can probably tell I'm a full-blown newbie to this forum, and to the MT-09. I've wanted one for years but am finally setting out to purchase one. I was told by the dealership that all 2016 and onwards models come standard with ABS, as I do a lot of daily riding in rain and on fairly shit roads this is a feature that is important to me. But I am just kinda surprised that a bike that is so cheap would come standard with ABS and not have separate ABS and non ABS models. Basically, is this true? Could it just be the case in my country(Australia) and not others? If a bike is fitted with ABS it should have some kind of wiring near the brake caliper right? Is that the only way to tell?

Sorry if this seems like a lot of questions but I guess if the dealership is telling the truth and someone could confirm that, then that would answer all my questions. Thanks in advance :D

wakers

Reaction score
In the uk you could get 2016 without abs at the beginning of the year, but that's all changed now with new legislation, I wasn't bothered about having it but ended up getting one with because that's all I could get, I'm old school perfectly happy without abs or traction control, but appreciate it might come in handy one day...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

GrAnax

Reaction score
It was optional, I bought my Mt09 at the end of 2016 and I had the choice..
I ride from 1995 and my mt is my first abs+tcs moto.
I also ride perfecly without it but even one time if it gets you out of trouble, it may save ur life.

Στάλθηκε από το HUAWEI GRA-L09 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk