Every year I think about changing bikes, and then I get back on the MT-09...

RipGroove

Reaction score
I've been meaning to switch to a Street Triple RS for the past couple of years but every Spring I get on the MT-09 and end up keeping it another year. My MT is no Street Triple RS but with the Ohlins and Woolich Racing ECU flash it's a pretty smooth animal now, and the DNA air filter and Akrapovic (with sawed off baffle) give it such I nice howl it's intoxicating. I just can't bring myself to sell it, maybe next year lol

Anyway, first quick ride today this spring so here's a photo:

Greenman41

Reaction score
What a tidy garage, you don’t keep a lot of old crap do you? Nice bike as well.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Haha thanks, I actually had a clear out and painted and carpeted the garage only a few weeks ago so it'll probably clutter up again soon!

piasek

Reaction score
Wife can have entire house, but garage is mine ;)

A bit cluttered now but I have there everything I need and space for a bike :)

That’s how it was 2 years ago:

the cueball

Reaction score
I’m always looking at bikes and thinking about a new one, but I can’t seem to find something that I would change the MT for.

This year I’ve just decided to get a quick shifter for it and I’ll be happy.

Not even going to post a picture of my garage, I’ll clean it up one day - if I’m ever able to get in it! Lol

RipGroove

Reaction score
I’m always looking at bikes and thinking about a new one, but I can’t seem to find something that I would change the MT for.

This year I’ve just decided to get a quick shifter for it and I’ll be happy.

Not even going to post a picture of my garage, I’ll clean it up one day - if I’m ever able to get in it! Lol
That's why I kind of settled on a Street Triple RS, it's quite similar to the MT, less torque but it's supposed to be more refined and corner better. One day.

Spook99

Reaction score
Nice to see you've covered all the essentials in the garage,......
  • beer fridge
  • weights machine (mines just kept clean to make it look like I use it! gets far more use by the Mrs!)
  • Pee bucket for emergencies
  • and heroes chocs

Actually I am jealous of the tool box!

But I'm right with you on the bike, even though mine's a Tracy, tried a Tiger, but didn't do it for me, so just traded in the 4 year old one for the new GT. Life is good...

the cueball

Reaction score
That's why I kind of settled on a Street Triple RS, it's quite similar to the MT, less torque but it's supposed to be more refined and corner better. One day.
I changed over the suspension when I first got mine, so haven’t had any of the ‘normal’ suspension woes...

But yeah, we’ll see... one day indeed lol

RipGroove

Reaction score
I changed over the suspension when I first got mine, so haven’t had any of the ‘normal’ suspension woes...

But yeah, we’ll see... one day indeed lol
Me too, Onlins rear and Andreani fork cartridges, installed and setup by JHS Racing for my riding weight, absolutely amazing.

piasek

Reaction score
Suspension upgrade is planned for next season, then I think I will keep mt for next few years. Which rear shock do you recommend guys?

@Spook99

Keep looking for used toolboxes. First set I bough from my friend who had access to customer returns from Halfords (it costed me £150 for both) second set I found on Shpock and paid only £30 for it.

RipGroove

Reaction score
I also have the Ohlins YA335 but have the Andreani 20mm fork cartridge kit with springs. JHS Racing in Bristol did the whole lot for £1110,00 which included setup to my riding weight (90kg with race leathers and full gear). It sounds like a lot of money but the bike is super smooth now, has tons of grip and doesn't get at all upset over bumps. Absolutely Worlds apart from the stock suspension so I don't regret the purchase at all.

I honestly believe the stock rear shock isn't at all fit for purpose (at least on the 2014 model), even after having JHS Racing set the standard shock and suspension to my weight I managed to scrape my nice new factory fitted Akrapovic exhaust on the floor at the bottom of a long sweeping downhill curve that wasn't an issue for the other bikes I was riding with. Add the appalling fuel map that the 2014 bike came with to the stock suspension and it was just a recipe for disaster, the bike was like a damn Kangaroo no matter how smooth I tried to be.

IMO suspension and fuel map are essential mods to the MT-09. My bike is butter smooth now.

Last edited:

woodie100

Reaction score
Was thinking the exact same thing !! Sooo jealous ! I bet that door is electric too!! Hope you enjoy ano year on what I believe to be one of the best all rounder bikes for the money!

RipGroove

Reaction score
Was thinking the exact same thing !! Sooo jealous ! I bet that door is electric too!! Hope you enjoy ano year on what I believe to be one of the best all rounder bikes for the money!
It is actually yeah, with remote and built in alarm, only had it fitted a few weeks ago, makes getting the bike in and out a pleasure!