Filling Holes

Soapy

Reaction score
I was fitting a GIVI Rack to my 2014 MT-09 today. Whilst putting the bike back together I noticed that where the Indicators and Tail Tidy number plate light wiring goes through there are quite large holes. I'm in the NE of Scotland and it rains a lot! We all know useless the rear Hugger is for keeping the water down. I can see over time the locking mechanism etc will corrode. I've sprayed everything with WD 40 just now.

I'm wondering how I can block them off. Any ideas?

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
What i would do is cut a piece of black plastic say 5mm oversize, drill a hole just big enough for the cables to pass, bond it to the underside of the hole then silicone all around the cables.

You could try something like gorilla glue, or maybe try modellers plastic cement to see if it would melt together the 2 bits.

If you want to go nuts on it, cut 2 pieces of plastic and sandwich them either side of the rectangular hole.

Tommy

Reaction score
I'm sure you have an old pair of wellies you can cut up. Make your own grommet, cup 2 pieces of thin rubber slightly bigger then the gap, then cut 1 piece the same size as the gap and sandwich it between the 2 bigger pieces, superglue should work well on the rubber.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Silicone sealant would be another option, using tape underneath to support it while it cures.