Fitted Phillips blue vision H4 and blue LED presence light

My Toy

Reaction score
A blue lamp replacing the white or yellow position lamp bulbs, as in the ones beside the main headlamp, is a straight MOT fail and would attract a rectification notice or I think a £50 fine if stopped by the police.

Ps all those who have fitted tail tidies and have no reflector now have an issue at MOT time too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M

MT account

20140509_133158_LLS.jpg
use the stock 1 with a small bit of aluminium angle and a nut n bolt

Schultzy

Reaction score
tried the blue LED lights today. they didnt come on and eventually i managed to blow a fuse haha. not sure what went wrong but yeh....
Did you try flipping the globes I.e. flip the positive and negative, they wont work one way.

Erwinbl

Reaction score
I got my H4 cree headlight kit last week, it comes with 2 bulbs, ballasts, etc so enough to do two FZ's. Installation was a breeze, all plug and play. Much better output than the OEM halogen. The high beam pattern is actually way more spread, the pic was only taken from about 20 ft away. The best part of LED's vs. HID is that you can flick the high-beam without having to worry about burning out the bulb and installation is a whole easier since you don't have to tap into the battery and use relays, etc. You also don't have to worry about heat since HID's are notorious for melting the reflective housings on some bikes/cars; LED's run much cooler. Instead of creating a neat bracket to mount the ballast like the OP, i simply used double sided tape and mounted it on the frame close to the left fork (basically, on the opposite side where you have the vin # sticker, it fits perfectly there and doesn't interfere with the fork at all). Quite happy with the mod.