Fitted Phillips blue vision H4 and blue LED presence light

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Changed the two 5w amber presence lights and put in blue LED lights. Also changed the headlight lamp for a Phillips blue vision H4. The beam is more white.

Some before and after pics :) Looks pretty cool :)

FreakyFreak

SlanGlad

Reaction score
Hi FreakyFreak,

Looks good. Especially those blue LEDs. Where did you buy them? And are they plug and play? I mean no mod is required.

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
The blue LEDs are plug and play exactly the same as the original halogen wedge bulb. Bought a pair for 0.75€ at a Chinese shop.

FreakyFreak

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
I actually wanted white LEDs but when I bought them there was no indication on the package that they were blue. Only saw that they were blue once I turned the bike on. If they are legal, to tell you the truth don't know... If I get pulled over and the cops say something about them then I will know ;) Until then not taking them off.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I can tell you that the Blue ones are NOT legal in the UK, local copper had a quite word with me outside the bike shop in Farnborough yesterday, and suggested that I switch them back to white.

I found both the headlamp and side lamp bulbs pretty easy to change, certainly did not have to remove any grommets on mine, and I have drone them twice now. Just a couple of Allen key bolts each side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Birdy

Reaction score
Ah , thought so trev , look bloody nice tho.Did plod mention any fine ? still tempted ,looks cool as

julianziggy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Changed the two 5w amber presence lights and put in blue LED lights. Also changed the headlight lamp for a Phillips blue vision H4. The beam is more white.

Some before and after pics :) Looks pretty cool :)

FreakyFreak
i know this was a while ago but do you have a link to where you bought these? i got no idea what LEDs to buy
they look great btw

julianziggy

Reaction score
tried the blue LED lights today. they didnt come on and eventually i managed to blow a fuse haha. not sure what went wrong but yeh....

Kinjane

Reaction score
It's probably one of these:- 1.5W Ultra Wide Angle Cree Led 501 / T10 W5W (10mm wide 20mm long with a 7mm wedge) The 7mm wedge being the important bit, if so it's easly available in the UK via a google search.

T

THAIGATE14

if you fit them the wrong way round they wont work cos theyre diodes........you have a 50/50 chance of getting them right 1st time

............ive got blue in mine and some fit red bulbs which tbh looks really cool but lets think about this for a second......red sidelights at night with the road full of half blind 'tards that cant drive?.......not for me, thanks:rolleyes:

Kinjane

Reaction score
There's a Triumph Tiger around my way running a bright yellow headlamp bulb - very very noticable in traffic .Can you use the MT on the side lights alone or does the main bulb come on whenever the engine runs? Just thinking yellow side bulbs might be a nice option. Totally off topic- how do i create paragraphs? Whenever I submit a post it in a continuous line

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's a Triumph Tiger around my way running a bright yellow headlamp bulb - very very noticable in traffic .Can you use the MT on the side lights alone or does the main bulb come on whenever the engine runs? Just thinking yellow side bulbs might be a nice option. Totally off topic- how do i create paragraphs? Whenever I submit a post it in a continuous line
The headlight will come on the moment u fire the beast up I'm afraid.

M

MT account

it is possible to disable headlamp firing up on start up by using a specific relay as i was looking into it for my devil eyes on my kawasaki in a land where shit dont matter. but when it comes to elctrickery i tend to throw things at the wall after 2 hours of getting peed off with it not doing what i tell it to do.:rolleyes:
013 (2).jpg
the relays are on ebay for triumphs @ £50 a pop. the relay is probably worth a fiver and the rest goes to the master of electrickery for making it work.

M

MT account

yup, but the good people in china didnt design a very good reflector so the beam pattern wasnt great, not a good thing when riding roads with 9 inch deep potholes and no street lighting :eek: