Fitting 2015 R1 suspension/wheels to 2014 MT-09

Adzy1981

Reaction score
Guys,

I recently upgraded my 2015 R1 and now have the stock suspension/wheels ( magnesium ) gathering dust in my garage.

However, I also have a 2014 MT-09 which I would like to add these parts to if possible. I've already asked my Yamaha dealer about this and they suggested that the suspension and front end would be reasonably easy to do. I would need some R1 calipers/brake lines on the front and a new front fender.

The main issue is if the R1 rear wheel will fit the MT-09 swing arm??

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Adzy

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hmmmm. Not sure it's possible but I'm sure some of my guru members might be of assistance in this one...

Adzy1981

Reaction score
Hmmmm. Not sure it's possible but I'm sure some of my guru members might be of assistance in this one...
Thanks mate.. I'd appreciate the help! Gonna try offering up the R1 wheel on Sunday to see what I'm dealing with but If someone out there knows it's a no go for whatever reason then I won't waste my time :)

Adzy

drogman

Reaction score
Thanks mate.. I'd appreciate the help! Gonna try offering up the R1 wheel on Sunday to see what I'm dealing with but If someone out there knows it's a no go for whatever reason then I won't waste my time :)

Adzy
Hello. I just saw your question and I have the same doubt as you, managed to mount the r1 2015 wheel on Yamaha mt 09