Fjr footpegs

mrmortar

Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone know if FJR footpegs will fit the mt09 tracer?

Wynner

Reaction score
Yes. Sort of. I ordered some cheap off ebay from china and a few simple mods means my pillion now has lovely rubber footrests! If I remember rightly I had to drill the pivot out a little bigger? I also fitted some lowering brackets we had used on both our previous FJRs. She says the Tracer is now at least as comfortable as our last bike, a BMW R1200RT . And a lot more fun!

mrmortar

Reaction score
Yes. Sort of. I ordered some cheap off ebay from china and a few simple mods means my pillion now has lovely rubber footrests! If I remember rightly I had to drill the pivot out a little bigger? I also fitted some lowering brackets we had used on both our previous FJRs. She says the Tracer is now at least as comfortable as our last bike, a BMW R1200RT . And a lot more fun!
Ah ok sounds good. Did you not do the rider pegs then? That’s what I’m after changing. Did you have to drill the bikes mount or the new peg?

Wynner

Reaction score
I didn't drill the bike!
If you swap the pillion and rider pegs around that will tell you if they are the same.

Steely

Reaction score
For some unknown reason, the MT's left peg pivot pin is riveted, so it needs to be drilled out, which is no big deal. I bought some cheap Chinese FJR pegs of e-bay, which were supplied with pivot pins and the E clips needs to hold them in place. It's a straightforward replacement.
The FJR pegs do offer a bit more comfort, but the main reason I replaced them was that the stock left peg was wearing a hole in the instep of my boot, probably from moving my foot around whilst changing gear.