Fly United Airlines

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Anyone on here if travelling with United airlines would be willing to vacate there seat if asked as the flight has been over booked??
Just picture the scene a 747 or some other type large aircraft over that is booked.
Today United airlines have decided to increase the compensation package for passengers who do willing give up their seat.
The new package will be $10,000!!!! so instead of having one disgruntled passenger kicking and screaming when being dragged off a flight, you will now have perhaps about 300+ passengers kicking each other to pieces fighting to get off.
No doubt about it Ryanair or Easy Jet will follow there lead hahahaha.

bobh

Reaction score
I used to have to fly United when I had to go to our sister outfit in Chicago (United's base). Never a pleasant experience - an awful lot of Chicagoans are rather, ahem, wide, so you don't want to be in the next seat on the crowded Jumbo. And the security people at O'Hare were, even then, rather strict, which was no fun - I remember distinctly being checked out by a not-so-young female person who was obviously enjoying her job above and beyond the call of duty.

Very good steaks in Chicago, as befits the railhead of the Midwest's traditional cattle drive. The signature dish in the restaurant of the hotel where we used to stay was a 64 oz (that's 4 pounds, or nearly 2 KG in new money) steak. If you could eat the lot, as well as all the accompanying fries etc., you got it for free, and your photo and your plate was put on the wall of the eatery. There were quite a few pix of very large people, who'd succeeded in that achievement, leering down on you as you waited to be seated. Personally, I couldn't contemplate it - 12oz is about my limit!