Fog light connection

ib1-2

Reaction score
Going to fit some Givi S310 lights. Can I connect them using one of the spare ignition on connectors behind the screen or does it have to be the battery? I want them only to be active when ignition on not a permanent live.

Sven

Reaction score
What power do they draw. I blew both fuses last week when i tried using a tyre inflator (rated at 10 amps) on my sockets. I found they only have 2 amp fuses fitted so are only suitable for stuff with a small current draw such as sat navs. I would guess the givi s310 need more than 2 amps!
I'd suggest an additional relay/fuse box with 3 or 4 outlets - easy to add more electrical stuff later if you want/need to.

ib1-2

Reaction score
I have a Fuzebox which I used on my previous bike but I'm having trouble finding a suitable location to fit it. I had sat-nav, heated grips, camera's connected to it which you could wire up direct or with ignition. Not sure what draw the S310 have they come with relay and fuse but they say fit direct to battery with option of additional wire to connection an ignition supply if required.

Sven

Reaction score
A quick google says the givi s310 comes with 55w halogen bulbs, so 2 x 55w = 110w. I'm no expert, but by my calculations that equals about 9 amp draw. So i think you'll need to wire them through a relay/fusebox. Personally i'd be looking at LED lights instead.