Foot pegs

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Hi all
Has anyone fitted aftermarket adventure footpegs, if so have they come complete fitting pins and springs as the Tracer footpeg pins have to be drilled out

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
I haven't checked mine but looking at the exploded views on the Fowlers website there should be a cotter pin you simply remove to take the footpeg off.

No need for drilling.

deadb0y

Reaction score
On a completely removed subject.. I do get so envious of the pictures you guys post of your bikes... They are always so clean :)

bobh

Reaction score
I can't speak for the Tracer, but on my 2015 MT-09 one side has a conventional clevis pin with cotter pin but the other side is 'permanent', i.e. riveted or similar. Probably needs an angle grinder or something to get it off. Maybe it saved a couple of Yen in the factory, or perhaps it's so the complete assembly has to be replaced after an off, thus generating more spares revenue - who knows?

Otters Pocket

Reaction score
Yeah I just had a look at my Tracer to check and the right hand side has a removable pin but the left hand side is rivetted as bobh says.

So yeah it does indeed look like you'd need to drill / press the pin out to remove the peg.

Bit of a crazy idea that. Personally I'd look into whether the pin from the RHS fits the LHS, then you can simply order the pin with C-clip etc and have both sides removable.

Kiwirider

Reaction score
bobh is correct. I have replaced my standard pegs also - firstly with FJR pegs but when the rubber pad started wearing I fitted a set of specially made Pivot Pegz which work a treat and are really comfortable.