Fork Cartridges

the voices

Reaction score
Last edited:

flipper

Reaction score
you can get a much better shock than EMC for £500. They are not particularly great.

the Andreani cartridges are supposed to be pretty good.

flipper

Reaction score
EMC shocks are a gas pressurised twin tube design. very old fashioned and not so great.

Spend the money elsewhere such as a Wilbers 641..... full De Carbon with remote reservoir, built to your weight. Dare I say that is fucking good value? Wish I'd waited and bought that instead of my Nitron. Way better than EMC pish. A bit like comparing Ohlins to Hagon. In fact pretty damn close. Track use you say? You do not want a twin tube shock (unless it's an Ohlins TTX, which is a totally different beast to an old fashioned twin tube).

Wilbers Sto

Jeez I just looked at the price of that EMC - 1150 euros????? You could the full spec Nitron for that money.

Last edited:

PaulG

Reaction score
I have the Andreanni cartridges.They came with .78 springs.After testing,my suspension guy changed the spring for .85 .The cartridges were a little over damped for the stock springs and my weight.(85 kg in gear).
I am very pleased with these.The guy I bought them off is also The NZ Ohlins agent and said the Andreanni are very good value.

the voices

Reaction score
EMC shocks are a gas pressurised twin tube design. very old fashioned and not so great.

Spend the money elsewhere such as a Wilbers 641..... full De Carbon with remote reservoir, built to your weight. Dare I say that is fucking good value? Wish I'd waited and bought that instead of my Nitron. Way better than EMC pish. A bit like comparing Ohlins to Hagon. In fact pretty damn close. Track use you say? You do not want a twin tube shock (unless it's an Ohlins TTX, which is a totally different beast to an old fashioned twin tube).

Wilbers Sto

Jeez I just looked at the price of that EMC - 1150 euros????? You could the full spec Nitron for that money.
top info there pal, cheers for that, nice one thanks wayne. full monty wilbers £450.00 front andreani kit £359.00 total = £JUST OVER £800.00 i nearly spent well over that on a crap shock alone

Last edited:

Andy

Reaction score
The guys at Fast Bikes magazine have fitted this cartridge kit to their staff MT09 and they say its totally changed the handling and braking for the better, they love em and those boys can really ride.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Just discovered today that K-tech already have a cartridge kit for the '09 (£679 with springs to suit) and are in the process of developing their own rear shock to complent it which will be ready in the new year; so I'm going to sit back and wait before making a decision - be nice to buy something in currency I can understand!

Bon

Reaction score
I ve got Matris cartridge kit on front of mine. [Not Adriani I know,] but went over to Flitwick today for headlight wiring recall and its all B roads from me. Ive ridden it many times with standard suspension [before and after playing with settings] The standard of ride was so much improved even on damp and very very [ie oil and rainbow Diesel oh and wet leaves too !] slippery roads [using B mode] The ride was firmer but OH so much better. The suspension handling the bumps and ripples with better control. Only MY opinion, but money well spent.

flipper

Reaction score
or talk to Maxton. They have a fully adjustable non remote reservoir shock and full carts already available.