Fork preload adjusters

Peggerz

Reaction score
Hi CT Can you tell me on a scale of 1 to 10 how hard these was to fit, 10 being extremely hard!!!
Are you a sausage shy of a full fry up....

CT/

Reaction score
10 mate, you need to know what your doin with an Allen key for sure !

emptyoh9

Reaction score
An allen key you say? aww Jesus...i need a mechanic!!

-Looks good bud-

Locksmith

Reaction score
Doh, I was really up for this until allen keys were mentioned :(

They look quiet nice!

Birdy

Reaction score
I fitted these...piece of piss ...tapped home firmly with 4lb lump hammer, simples ! Although i should now add they fell off on way to work .

CT/

Reaction score
I fitted these...piece of piss ...tapped home firmly with 4lb lump hammer, simples ! Although i should now add they fell off on way to work .
Like I sed Birdy, don't attempt this mod unless yer know what yer doing mate,,, you have to be fully qualified wiv an Allen key !

Kinjane

Reaction score
Can't find any instructions on how to remove my Allen key from under the seat so I definitely won't be getting any.

Kinjane

Reaction score
I can fit em for yer kinjane but it'll cost yer.
Kind offer Sir,
I was willing to have a go meself like, but first of all I couldn't find a set engraved with LEFT and RIGHT, and then I couldn't find any Allen key removal instructions. It's just all one big dissapointment after the other :mad:

Locksmith

Reaction score
Oh no I bought some. In the pack is .................................. an allen key and one loose grub screw in the bottom of the jiffy bag.

How do I re attach it to the adjuster knob?

Locksmith

Reaction score
On a serious note, I bought some, tried to fit them, only thing is the nut they fit around is only half the depth of the new adjuster (see the pic above) so the grub screw is only half on the nut.
When I tightened it up without really holding the adjuster down, it just scored the top of the fork nut and fell off! (Left it looking well rank)

I retried while holding the adjuster tight down and it did grip. Only half the grub screw is gripping, the other half is in fresh air. I'm going to leave em on and see if they shake themselves off.

So overall I'm not impressed with these :(

CT/

Reaction score
Yeh I was thinking of complaining about em not going fully onto the nut. It does seem a poor fit.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Ideally there should be a circular recess on the underside of it to allow the whole thing to sit lower down on the shaft of the preload adjuster allowing the grub screw full engagement.