Frame Sliders

Juvecu

Reaction score
If anyone is looking for frame sliders at a decent price, I found these ones on eBay and thought'd I'd share: Crash Protectors for YAMAHA MT-09 FZ-09 FZ9 2013 - 2015 Frame Sliders / Bobbins | eBay

They are made in Luthuania and judging by the picture and diagrams are of good design. You can pick the logo colour you want on the bobbins.

I have a set on order and if there's any issues with them I'll post here to let everyone know (though I don't expect any issues.)

I have no affiliation with the seller.

PeaceMaker

Reaction score

I have those on mine.. :)
Don't know if they're any good as Fortunately didn't had to test them yet..

Last edited:

Juvecu

Reaction score
The sliders were delivered yesterday, but I wasn't home to take delivery, I collected them from the Royal Mail depot today. They came in a box and were wrapped 3 times around with bubble wrap. It's a bit overkill on the packaging, but I appreciate when people package things properly.

Once out of the bubble wrap you're presented with the two sliders and all bits for each slider neatly in it's own bag.

Once out of their bags they look like this:

Both the HDPE and the aluminium bits are precision turned/machined. The aluminium bits are press fit to the HDPE bits making for a solid assembly. You'll notice that one slider has a longer spacer than the other. At first I thought this might be wrong so I looked at the eBay listing and their web site to see if there's any mention why this is and if there is a specific way around that they should go. There aren't any installation instructions included and to be fair I wouldn't expect any. I decided that it must be obvious and went out to the garage to have a look. It was obvious that the longer spacer needed to go on the left of the bike (as you sit on it.) I checked the torque figure for the front lower engine bolts, it is 45Nm. I installed the spacers one at a time using the supplied bolts, no thread locker or lubricant as that's the way the original ones came out. They look good, are very solid and stick out far enough that I think they will do the job when needed (let's hope that's never...)

Here are a few pictures to show what they look like and on the bike.

From behind:

From the front:

Boab Dreeps

Reaction score
My set arrived earlier in the week.
Fitted them straight away.
Very pleased. They do look good.

offo

Reaction score
Not trying to put anyones nose out of joint as at the end of the day we all pay our money & take our choice, i was just wondering if the single post crash bungs are sufficient enough or if the ones that bolt across both frame engine mount bolts would offer less chance of a frame crack etc, i have had the single post bungs on previous bikes but when two mount points are available logic says the load would be spread & lessened on each point.