Front indicator bulb needed

pipski99

Reaction score
Already I have a failed indicator bulb on the front near-side and can't find a suitable one on ebay.

I have one which is the correct bayonet fitting and is a tinted bulb as it needs to be but it's too wide to fit the cover back on. The one which came out is slim and the replacement needs to be as slim to refit the cover. The glass bulb can be pretty much no wider than the metal base otherwise it won't fit.

I reckon they'll have them at the dealer but I can't get there until Monday due to work so I'm trying to find them on ebay to order a few and keep spares. Anybody help with this please? I'll look in to it further myself at work tonight.

And by the way they're 10 watt but I found a lot of other power rated ones on ebay but would like to keep 10w standard.

20140214_135641.jpg

olivierzx

Reaction score
After reading the US manual it seems that US MT-09 are fitted with 21w bulbs, whereas in Europe we have 10w bulbs.
Also most of Honda bikes are fitted with 21w, this is probably why you find easily this type instead of 10w.

Be carefull it seems that the length is important too.

pipski99

Reaction score
I think the US FZ-09 has orange indicator covers and clear bulbs which may be why they have 21w, and as you say in UK we have 10w orange bulbs with clear covers.

Think it's going to be a trip to the dealer.

pipski99

Reaction score
Done a bit more research and it seems the dealer price for the bulb is around £9 each!!! This is for 1 indicator bulb you robbing buggers.

So looked at genuine Yamaha LED indicators and thought that £49 wasn't a bad price (found for £44.99 on ebay) but then I realized that's for 1 pair not a set of 4. So the genuine Yamaha LED indicators are (give or take the pennies) £100 for a set.

How did they get the MT out the door at the price they did when they are clueless on how much to charge for bulbs?

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can get u a full set of genuine Yamaha LED's for under £90 if ur interested? Black chrome or carbon

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

pipski99

Reaction score
I can get u a full set of genuine Yamaha LED's for under £90 if ur interested? Black chrome or carbon

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
Those on ebay are £44.99 a set so that's £89.98 for a set and that's from Colin Appleyard, Keighley where I bought my bike (only 5 miles from me)

£9 for an indicator bulb!! You must be joking!
Checked out the genuine Yamaha parts list at ajsutton.co.uk

Rip off aint it.

Credry

Reaction score
I blew one of mine the first time I cleaned her, I went to every auto accessory shop in the area but they had nothing, went to the dealer they didn't have them in stock, ordered, was supposed to be there the next day.
They called to say there distrubuter doesn't have them, they have to order from Yamaha, just over a week layer I had a new bulb!
Apparently it's very rare!!

stevecbr

Reaction score
Seems a bit crap 2 members have had indicator bulbs go already, and bike only a few months old. Especially as bulbs cost £9.
And how come all chinese bikes have these bulbs? I'd have thought the MT bulbs would be the same as all Yamahas

pipski99

Reaction score
Seems a bit crap 2 members have had indicator bulbs go already, and bike only a few months old. Especially as bulbs cost £9.
And how come all chinese bikes have these bulbs? I'd have thought the MT bulbs would be the same as all Yamahas
I agree it is a bit crap the bulbs haven't lasted more than 4 months but OK they're bulbs and bulbs blow so I can accept that. I just don't like the fact that already they are having problems supplying them at the dealers.

Aftermarket indicators may be on the cards. Shame on Yamaha once again.

Stripy

Reaction score

W8ENN

Reaction score
I've got yamaha led on mine and they are great. They come with everything needed to fit them including resistors. You are right about them being sold in pairs because I negotiated led indicators in the deal with my bike, when I collected it they were only fitted on the rear. The dealer thought I just wanted one set as that is all they had brought out to show me. To cut a long story short I left with 2 pairs :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've got yamaha led on mine and they are great. They come with everything needed to fit them including resistors. You are right about them being sold in pairs because I negotiated led indicators in the deal with my bike, when I collected it they were only fitted on the rear. The dealer thought I just wanted one set as that is all they had brought out to show me. To cut a long story short I left with 2 pairs :)
Exactly wot I'm sayin W8ENN. I'm goin gown the genuine Yamaha LED route as I think it wud b better in the long run. The stock bulbs r in very short demand and replacing them with the cheaper Chinese ones only leads to problems with power etc running thru the resisters.

MT-09.... Wheelie wheelie awesome..!