Frustrating delay

LewFZ1

Reaction score
Just had a phone call from the dealer I bought the bike from. I was supposed to collect it on Thursday(tomorrow)
The dealer is multi franchise outlet. I knew the early MT-09's had a fuelling issue so I asked if this bike had had the ECU? updated as there had been a Yamaha recall. The dealer sent the chassis number to Yamaha , turns out this bike has two outstanding items recalls due , the ECU and the ABS sensors. Thank you dealer and thank you Yamaha got to wait another week now but at least it is warranty work and should be slap up to date.

LewFZ1

Reaction score
This bike has only 875kms on it 2013 model so I expect she has been sitting in the showroom of this dealers for sometime. The dealers is a Multi Franchise outlet but mainly concentrate on BMW sales. I only came across the bike by accident. I was thinking of going down the F800GS route and stumbled across this MT-09. I sat on it and thought this feels nice.
I have issues with my knees and I needed a more upright ride position, hence the BMW. I found the BMW just heavy and uninspiring. I just like the look of the 09 and have read some good/some bad reports about them. I have a friend here on the forum Martin B, I was nearly ordering the 07 but Martin reckoned I could have more fun with the 09. Be glad to get it and hopefully with the recall work being sorted it will make what I hope is a good bike into a great bike.