Fuel range

Hitch

Reaction score
Hi, what kind of tank range can I expect to get from my tracer?
I don't thrash it as it's a commuter not just a weekend weapon!
I have gone ten miles into flashing gauge territory but got scared
as i am used to old school reserve tap on my old TDM.

boro

Reaction score
Ha, just ran it dry today on the way home and got 53.2KM (33Miles) after flashing started, coughed at 52 so don't leave it.
Overall about 300KM (186miles), that does not include the 300m I had to push it.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No more than 30 miles on reserve if you don't want to look like a dick on the side of the road :rolleyes:

Unfazed

Reaction score
When I was running in I got 180 miles before the light came on, well impressed as I got 120 on my VFR12!

stofer

Reaction score
I get approx 350 km per tank.
Mostly highway milage with average speed of 130-150 kmh
Replaced sprockets to 17/43 t

bobh

Reaction score
Well, I thought I was a fairly economical rider, but you guys have got me well beaten.

Even during running-in when I'm taking it steady(ish) it goes onto fuel trip at about 140 miles. Filling up at 150 it takes 12 litres. That's about 57 mpg, or 5.0 km/litre. Which is about what I expected - actually a bit better, I've never seen more than 55 mpg out of my Fazer8.

That's mostly on country roads, rarely getting up to 6th gear.

flydnb

Reaction score
Fuel economy ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz buy a bloody NC750 if thats what you are into .

Last edited:

Unfazed

Reaction score
Even though it came up on the MT-09 forum we ARE talking about Tracer tank ranges?

Haven't been able to make the Tracer dip below 56MPG on the daily commute, about the same as my Mk2 Fazer but I'm off to Germany next week, let see then!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Even though it came up on the MT-09 forum we ARE talking about Tracer tank ranges?

Haven't been able to make the Tracer dip below 56MPG on the daily commute, about the same as my Mk2 Fazer but I'm off to Germany next week, let see then!
I will move this thread to the correct section

Shaun64

Reaction score
Running in my tracer not going over 5000rpm ive had just over 200 mile out of a tank,bike said 61mpg,for the ones getting less try fillng the tank untill fuel comes through the holes in the tank that you can see when looking into the tank i also fill mine when sat on it,ive done just over 600 mile since picking it up last thursday,its got its 600 mile service tomorrow,ive found as the miles go on its getting better on fuel.

glaik0562

Reaction score

On a trip to Germany 2 weeks ago through France, Belgium and Luxembourg my overall mpg was 65.6, not bad, mostly motorway, dual carriageway.

Kinjane

Reaction score
The MT09 filler neck mod gets an additional 0.8 litres of fuel inside the MT09 tank.
Once managed over 200 miles on a brimmed MT09 tank when riding at posted limits with smaller and slower bikes (no motorways).
I'm thinking (but not recommending) the Tracer tank would benefit similarly or slightly better if maximum distance between refuelling was the issue.

Last edited:

wiggy

Reaction score
No more than 30 miles on reserve if you don't want to look like a dick on the side of the road :roll eyes:

That would be me then.

27.5 miles on reserve, confirmed.
Lucky I only had half a mile to push the bike....

And fair play to the biker who stopped to see if I was ok...

MT09, oopps wrong place for this

Last edited:

jimmymac

Reaction score
fuel range

I nearly got caught out on the NC 500, 229 mls and when filled i just had a half ltr left in the tank

Shaun64

Reaction score
The MT09 filler neck mod gets an additional 0.8 litres of fuel inside the MT09 tank.
Once managed over 200 miles on a brimmed MT09 tank when riding at posted limits with smaller and slower bikes (no motorways).
I'm thinking (but not recommending) the Tracer tank would benefit similarly or slightly better if maximum distance between refuelling was the issue.[/QUOTE

Any pics or details of your tank mod kinjane ? Cheers

Soapy

Reaction score
I'm thinking (but not recommending) the Tracer tank would benefit similarly or slightly better if maximum distance between refuelling was the issue.
Did you remove the filler neck? If so how does it come out. Don't fancy drilling in situ leaving metal swarf in the tank.

I'm off to the West Coast of Scotland in a couple of weeks and might need that extra 0.8 litres

Kinjane

Reaction score
A rare earth magnet is most definitely required to prevent any swarf from dropping into the tank.

If you're doing Applecross I hope the skies are clear, the tarmac is dry and everyone stays out of your way.

GalaxyA3 phone pic