FZ-09 / MT-09 Marthy Exhaust

marthy

Reaction score
Well, its done! Sound very good deep twin like tone. Working on getting a fuel controller now but the O2 sensor kind of make it run safe for now. Still need to collect more data.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

SlanGlad

Reaction score
Hey Marthy! It would be nice if you could record a short video so that we can hear that good deep sound you're talking about. :)

marthy

Reaction score
Hey Marthy! It would be nice if you could record a short video so that we can hear that good deep sound you're talking about. :)
I posted 2 video on Youtube. I will make another one today... a nicer one. The quick one I did was from inside the shop. Sound good for sure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

marthy

Reaction score
Here's a video I made outside this morning. Nice deep sound... loud but not annoying like a high pitch inline 4. Kind of remind me my buddy's Diavel with the Terminology exhaust but with a little less twin sound. Well, enjoy!

Let me wrap up some final numbers and price should come up pretty soon! I'm trying to get another slip-on option. Danmoto shorty sound good and look good for a budget slip-on but I like to find something a bit more top notch!

20131017_083432.mp4 - YouTube

marthy

Reaction score
Here's some better shot. It's about same as the stock one. There's a little bit of play since it's a slip-on collector. I push it in a bit more to get enough clearance for the brake pedals, everything clear. I think I might be better with a none offset slip-on. I'm working with Tyler at Solomotoparts to get some deals on a nice slip-on...

Attachments

marthy

Reaction score
It will change he base line of all 3 maps. I will tune the mode A to get the best performance out of the bike. That will keep the 3 different maps characteristic about the same... just tune better. To be able to achieve what you are asking you will need to flash the ECU instead. The piggyback system is nice since you can tune the bike as you please. The flash need to be redone every time. There's advantage and disadvantage with both system...

marthy

Reaction score
Dyno run...

Here we go! Peak HP as not improve as much as I was expecting or hoping, but its a 4HP gain across the RPM range. In the other hand the torque curves pick up greatly in the 4-6K range. The EJK fuel controller did the job just fine. Now it's time to put the exhaust apart for he official weight!

FZ09 Dyno run 2.jpg

marthy

Reaction score
I just want to let you know that the fuel controller are now available. I ordered 5 of them to sell with my exhaust. Since I have 3 exhaust ready i have 2 extra controller if any of you are interested.

marthy

Reaction score
Stock exhaust weight 18.7 lbs
Marthy exhaust weight 8.8 lbs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk