Gel seat pad - recommendations

Wharfe

Reaction score
Ok so after a couple of hefty trip on the Tracer I am giving serious consideration to getting a gel (or similar) seat pad. There are a couple of points on my anatomy that get really sore on a long ride and spreading my 13st around a bit more evenly might be a good idea... anyone tried anything they'd recommend?

Littlebruv

Reaction score
Sargent seat...a little expensive but thoroughly tried and tested and I weigh more than you

Wynner

Reaction score
I've got a Sargent which although it seems hard was good on a 2000 mile tour of the Pyrenees, so it works for me.

fizzy

Reaction score
Google saddle craft they do bespoke gel inserts and seats going to get my 09sp done by them I have seen some of their work on my mates bikes very impressed top quality and very helpful

Littlebruv

Reaction score
I had that done to my 600 Fazer seat by a company that used to be in Eynsford, Kent, it was much better than the original seat padding for longer journeys

Wharfe

Reaction score
Cheers all. Judging by what I've found elsewhere on the 'net it seems that in this case "you buy cheap, you buy twice" applies, as in some £50 gel seat cover isn't going to do much good. I guess I'll save me pennies up and go for a Sargent. At such point as I change the bike I can at least sell it on... (or put it on my new Tracer probably!)

R6owdlad

Reaction score
Cheers all. Judging by what I've found elsewhere on the 'net it seems that in this case "you buy cheap, you buy twice" applies, as in some £50 gel seat cover isn't going to do much good. I guess I'll save me pennies up and go for a Sargent. At such point as I change the bike I can at least sell it on... (or put it on my new Tracer probably!)
Agreed
I bought gel seat cover nd found it useless, so ended up buying a Bagster...