GPS controlled automatic chain lubrication installed

Toine

Reaction score
I had Pro-Oilers on all of my previously owned bikes so far and really like the economic, speed related lubrication.
This time I went for the new satellite controlled option (as I did not want to mess around with the ABS speedo sensors)

The kit came with a nozzle bracket designed for the tracer, so that was a bolt-on:
nozzle.jpg

There's enough space for the components under the rear seat:
overview_tracer.jpg

As the GPS module sits under the rear plastic bridge, establishes contact with satellites quickly, I just hope the aditional luggage rack doesn't spoil its "view" of the sky.

Controller:
controller (Small).JPG

stevecbr

Reaction score
Ahem, i still use gear oil and a toothbrush! Over 11000 miles since oct 2013 in all weathers, chain and sprockets still look good and have plenty of life left

offo

Reaction score
Phhhttt, kids today! ;)

Each to their own i know but for the past 29yrs of biking i've just sprayed dry lube after every 200 miles or after trips in winter it's WD40 wipe dry then lube.

Locksmith

Reaction score
Not much room for your sandwiches left under there!

Whats the digital display for?

Toine

Reaction score
Not much room for your sandwiches left under there!

Whats the digital display for?
Well, I am still going to put my tire repair kit under the seat too :)

The display can be used to increase lubrication while riding in heavy rain or dusty roads.
You can also switch to "timed" mode manually for off-road conditions, where speed is low and lubrication demand high.
This "timed mode" also kicks in automatically when no speed signal is received for 15 minutes.

It is basically the same Pro-Oiler that's been around since 2002 but only last year (2014) they added the GPS option.
Before that it was either magnet/reed switch (like a push bike computer) or tapping into the electronic speedo wire.

mrmortar

Reaction score
I've used pro-oiler's in the past and I've found them to be brilliant. However recently I've turned to the Tutoro oiler which I think it brilliant and saves any electrical work and its cheaper.

solomon

Reaction score
Ahem, i still use gear oil and a toothbrush! Over 11000 miles since oct 2013 in all weathers, chain and sprockets still look good and have plenty of life left
How refreshing to hear that, me too !!!. Lets drink to old fashioned proven methods :) Photo just to prove my point !!!IMG_1768.jpg

offo

Reaction score
I've used pro-oiler's in the past and I've found them to be brilliant. However recently I've turned to the Tutoro oiler which I think it brilliant and saves any electrical work and its cheaper.
Where abouts did you mount the reservoir, did you manage to find somewhere out of sight?

mrmortar

Reaction score
Where abouts did you mount the reservoir, did you manage to find somewhere out of sight?
nah, i mounted it to the nearside passenger footpeg which i know is in full view. They do do a race version which could be mounted under the seat I guess. I prefer it on view so I can visibly see when I need more oil otherwise its out of sight out of mind.