GPS routes and routeplanner sites

Gruffalo

Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys/gals know of any websites where I might find some routes for my GPS.

I have a Garmin 550 Sat-Nav which I use for riding routes through area's less known to me, I often pull a route off a site and modify it for my own use.
GPS tracks is the one I use the most in Holland GPStracks - GPS tracks en routes voor de fiets, wandelaar, auto en motorrijder en mountainbike Select "auto and motorroutes" and then the country (OK it's in Dutch) also Verweij routes, Garmin routes
Another one I sometimes use is routeyou Beleef de mooiste routes van Nederland | RouteYou it's mainly around continental europe but there are a few UK ones in there.
Of course everyone knows the best riding roads website 13996 Motorritten en Routes :)

I also find that some route planners are handy for planning a route for example viamichelin ViaMichelin routeplanner: routes voor Nederland en andere landen has some very detailed maps of France when you zoom in (Michelin maps) and the route planner has an extra option "tourist route" it's not specifically the best roads but generally the nicer scenary or along a landmark etc.
The German website Kurvinger is handy for planning a route with plenty of bends in it https://kurviger.de/about/en (not sure if it works for UK routes though). you can also plan a route with a certain length with the same start/stop location , my GPS is older so doesn't have this twisty road feature

I often use the program tyre to plan my (GPX) routes, and they also have a library of motorbike routes http://www.tyretotravel.com/

BTW don't forget to select your language :)

Does anyone use any other websites, or maybe some for our members from "across the pond"?

Last edited:

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Pretty much all of my tour start of with a route downloaded from bike magazines huge list of trips, from single day trips to full two week tours can all be downloaded from their website www.ride.co.uk