Graves Block Off Plates installed

TIM80

Reaction score
Since my aussie ecu reflash did not disable my air injection system and the backfiring and popping at decel thru my akra carbon pipe was at times a bit extreme. I have removed my AIS and installed Graves blockoff plates I purchased thru Motomummy in the States. It took me about three hours to install with youtube as my friend . I did not fully remove my fuel tank as I just removed the two drain lines and turned the tank 180 degrees and rested it on the seat subframe with the fuel line and elec plug still attached . I can report the block off plates have removed about 95 percent of the popping with it only occurring when pushing hard thru my favorite twisties. Exhaust still sounds great.

Last edited:

Locksmith

Reaction score
That's good news. One of the reasons I have not changed the pipe is that I hate all the back firing.
The other reason is I really like the styling of the oem exhaust !!

flydnb

Reaction score
I like all the popping on decel and sounds lovely on the akra.

Fluke

Reaction score
I love al the popping too but if you don't and you're getting the remap done, it should be possible to turn it off.
Simon, who did mine, said it is an optional extra when the remap is being done and it would save three hours fiddling and trying to fit the block off plates

TIM80

Reaction score
The AIS serves no purpose with a after market exhaust system without a Cat. Removing the AIS gets rid of a lot of clutter you don't need .