Greetings from Ottawa Canada

don67

Reaction score
So my 2018 MT-09 was delivered by trailer a few weeks ago, and is now parked for what will surely be the longest winter of my life.

Started riding in the early 1980s, and have always been on one Yamaha or another. DT100, SR250, XJ1100, XVS1100, XVS1300 and now the MT. (Bonus points if you can spot the 20-year gap while I raised a family.)

Anyone else here in the old-guy club and/or coming from a cruiser bike? My friends and family think I'm nuts for buying an MT, but I suspect that these bikes have broader appeal than people think.

Don

waynestractor

Reaction score
So my 2018 MT-09 was delivered by trailer a few weeks ago, and is now parked for what will surely be the longest winter of my life.

Started riding in the early 1980s, and have always been on one Yamaha or another. DT100, SR250, XJ1100, XVS1100, XVS1300 and now the MT. (Bonus points if you can spot the 20-year gap while I raised a family.)

Anyone else here in the old-guy club and/or coming from a cruiser bike? My friends and family think I'm nuts for buying an MT, but I suspect that these bikes have broader appeal than people think.

Don
Welcome, from the left Coast! I am on Vancouver Island, and decided after a cruiser, although a muscle cruiser, a nice old V65 Magna, that I missed carving corners still. The last crotch rocket was an R1, but my body did not enjoy more than an hour or so on it. I did a demo day and fell for the FZ07 and 09, both great little bikes. Decided on the 09 and have been modding it since!!

don67

Reaction score
Vulcans... Magnas... so I'm not the only one.

Everyone knows the MT as a wheelie machine, but to me the upright ergonomics make it the ideal "old guy bike". And being able to pivot it on the kickstand in my garage - so I never have to paddle it backwards - is an unexpected bonus.

woodie100

Reaction score
Welcome from up north!
That’s one cool paddock lift!! And a big garage too. Clean and plenty of room to work on the beast.
Best bike I’ve owned by far (a close second was a Ducati 750SS)
Great all rounder, very nimble flickable great acceleration and great brakes too!!
Hope you get a chance to get out on it for a ride out

Enjoy it mate

JonB
Ps this is a great forum too so get involved 👍

waynestractor

Reaction score
Welcome from up north!
That’s one cool paddock lift!! And a big garage too. Clean and plenty of room to work on the beast.
Best bike I’ve owned by far (a close second was a Ducati 750SS)
Great all rounder, very nimble flickable great acceleration and great brakes too!!
Hope you get a chance to get out on it for a ride out

Enjoy it mate

JonB
Ps this is a great forum too so get involved 👍

It makes moving the bike around the garage much easier!

jerrybike

Reaction score

Don
Same here born again biker still going strong 67 this year and on my third yam. supper tenere 1200,mt o7 and now the mt o9 the best yet for me.enjoy my friend life doesn't get longer!. Jerry uk