GT Throttle Tamer/Flash

isveight

Reaction score
Hi Can I call on your expertise, MT09 been in the garage for winter, those of you getting the Factory flash from Yamaha, as they say, are you keeping the GT Throttle tamer, or going back to standard plastic one. Thanks

My Toy

Reaction score
I kept mine on.

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

isveight

Reaction score
Hi Thanks for the reply, to save me trawling through the hours of ECU Threads, was it a good move to have it done, Thanks

My Toy

Reaction score
Yes on both counts. I put the throttle tamer on to try to cure the snatch before the Yamaha flash came out. Which it did to some degree. Then the yam reflash came out and it got better again so I saw no need to remove the throttle tamer. I know people on here have reported improvements just by having the flash done. I've gone all the way now and fitted one of kev's O2 controllers which has given me the bike Yamaha couldn't because of their need to comply with emission regulations. It's still a bit abrupt in A mode so we're not talking perfection like a carb'd bike but it's damn near, and it's improved the midrange torque.

A vee four and an inline triple, the two best sounds in motorcycling. [emoji101]

isveight

Reaction score
Great, thanks for the update, where did you get it done, I live ion Leeds but bought bike from Hull, no regrets then

MTrider

Reaction score
Mine's an ABS model, and I've been having some problems to get my dealer do the flash. Even though most people in here and other places I have tryed to contact, says it can be done to all MT09, I have now been told, that only production code 2DR7 can be mapped. Mine have productioncode 2DR4 (see label under seat near the seatlock). Got mine januar 2014, so it is most likely produced late 2013.
I have PCV with O2 Controller and G2 fitted. Workshop well but still wanted the new flash. :-(

Could any of you who have had the flash done see which productioncode you have, please?

MC-greetings from Denmark

Kinjane

Reaction score
I have a 2DR1 BUT the dealer spent a lot of time along with numerous failed uploads before getting a successful update with the 2015 Yamaha map.

I altered my standard grip to provide a slightly slower initial response, so I'm effectively running a throttle tamer with the later Yamaha map

Last edited:

isveight

Reaction score
Hi You mention the latest Yamaha Map, how many are there, thought there was only the one that was not reversable

My Toy

Reaction score
Hi You mention the latest Yamaha Map, how many are there, thought there was only the one that was not reversable
That's what I understand. The sticker under my seat says 1RC1 -060 it's a 2014 bike ordered in April (I think) for delivery in June. Had the flash done at SMC Sheffield [emoji298]️

Kinjane

Reaction score
Original ambiguous/misleading text amended. :eek:

True, it's not reversible but it is replaceable :)

Colton123

Reaction score
Left my G2 on mate was better with it on . Had the flash done on mine and it was worse so going for kevs mod next .

fizzy

Reaction score
Left my G2 on mate was better with it on . Had the flash done on mine and it was worse so going for kevs mod next .

That will fix it mate I have done Kevs mod and left my G2 on , the bike is really smooth low down and mid corner no throttle chopping
,,, all so have simon's flash on mine

fizzy

Reaction score
Fizzy how was your bike with the g2 and kevs mod was it still snatchey so u had Simons flash ?
I got the g2 first , then simon's flash that made a big difference every where not just the snach on the throttle it transformed the MT! , then when I seen Kevs mod I thought I would give that a go as well and it has cured it totally in my opinion , a mate of mine as gone down the same route an has now removed his g2
I think the combination of kevs mod and simon's flash has made a huge difference to the bike, made a great bike even better money well spent

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Fizzy how was your bike with the g2 and kevs mod was it still snatchey so u had Simons flash ?
I've never had the G2, I was, but didn't. Went for the yam reflashing which almost did the job... Went on other reviews on kevs mod, Ordered one, must say, brilliant! A lot more confidence, especially on the slower corners.... And no surging!

But I think TT's flash has more substance overall and is controlled by the ECU.

Colton123

Reaction score
Cheers fizzy that has made my mind up kevs mod then Simons flash job done.cheers smurf are u up for Simons flash as well? If so I will ride down with you .

fizzy

Reaction score
Cheers fizzy that has made my mind up kevs mod then Simons flash job done.cheers smurf are u up for Simons flash as well? If so I will ride down with you .
You definitely won't regret it boys Simon and TT are top blokes you won't believe the difference , the best thing you can do to the MT, let me know what you think after you have had um flashed:cool: