Handguard replacements

Watty2017

Reaction score
Having read and experienced the size and lack of protection from the handguards, can anyone recommend replacements?

Cheers

Watty2017

Reaction score

Ratcatcher

Reaction score
I have them fitted they fit fine and screw into the inner bar wieghts and clamp on the bars easily. They are a lot neater than the originals

Mr. Funtcase

Reaction score
Stripped mine off as I was experiencing a lot of turbulence and after riding through an absolutely horrendous rainstorm in Switzerland realised they're pretty shit anyway at keeping the elements off your hands, replaced them for a while with some cheap chinese knock off lever guards but now i've got HVMP extra heavy bar end weights fitted instead. Will take a look at those KTM's in case I ever want guards back on.

Ratcatcher

Reaction score
I will try to get a couple of photos posted.. I have a Sat Nav mount fitted above the clocks and the screen is further forward making the screen touch the standard hand guards so I fitted the KTM ones they give the ckearance needed.

John Barlow

Reaction score
I will try to get a couple of photos posted.. I have a Sat Nav mount fitted above the clocks and the screen is further forward making the screen touch the standard hand guards so I fitted the KTM ones they give the ckearance needed.
I would be interested in seeing a photo as I think the original ones may look good but are crap at keeping any of the elements off your hands and the KTM ones are half the price of a set of Barkbusters!!

Sven

Reaction score
I fitted Powerbronze handguards to mine. They fit with the original ones but are larger. They give more protection but are probably not the prettiest!!

Unfazed

Reaction score
I just find the bars with the guard mounts too bloody wide for filtering. Anyone tried different bars?

Watty2017

Reaction score
I just find the bars with the guard mounts too bloody wide for filtering. Anyone tried different bars?
Fair point as one of the guys at the dealers who sold me the bike, mentioned filtering as being a bit of a challenge and to be careful.

Laffli

Reaction score
I fitted the givi extension handguards, much better than original ones.

ib1-2

Reaction score
I fitted these from Pyramid which work fine.

Could be Powerbronze, can't remember now.

Last edited:

Sven

Reaction score
ib1-2,
they look the same as mine, which are Powerbronze.

Watty2017

Reaction score
HAve you got a picture of fitting or fitting instructions as I now have the KTM handguards but they don't fit the joints which are on the bike, as the KTM's joints are vertical whilst the originals are horizontal joints? Or am I just being a bit thick?