Handle bars

emptyoh9

Reaction score
Alreet all?

Searched, couldn't find it, so here's my dumb question/s.

Who's replaced their handle bars and what did you go for?

I'm not finding the stock item uncomfortable or anything, it just looks a bit crap. I think a nice black one would be better suited.

Anyone fitted the Gilles tooling one? Got any pics? Or other suggestions?

Ones i've seen are Gilles, Renthal and pro taper. I know most of them won't have the pre-drilled holes for the switches but that's nothing a quick dremelling can't solve.

Oh and i have the G2 tamer on, so i guess that's got to fit too. :)

Thanks

Matt

Corbett

Reaction score
Im looking at going a set of renthals at the moment but just haven't switched it all over yet. once i realized i needed to drill the holes it has made me take my time and make sure on the right bend first instead of just rushing them on there.
what way were you thinking with yours?

lee1980

Reaction score
I am sure I read somewhere the stock bars are fat in middle and taper smaller to the ends so need to be like a renthal fat bar?

emptyoh9

Reaction score
Thanks chaps. I asked the guys at Performance parts today about the Gilles tooling ones. I was wondering if they were the same size as the OEM or if they were different and if they had the holes pre-drilled -wishful thinking, they're not drilled.
Apparently they are the same 28.4mm as the stock bars. I think people consider these "fat bars" since most standard bars are 22mm (correct me if i'm wrong.)

So i've ordered some, i'll post up when they are fitted so you can see what they look like. Cheers

Matt

Corbett

Reaction score
bolted my renthal fat bars on yesterday. I just filed the locator pin down and they have secured tight as on the bars with out it.

emptyoh9

Reaction score
Got a pic bud? i toyed with the idea of gold but i'm funny about colour matching (am i turning a bit tracer here?) Performance parts still haven't sent my bars...not impressed so far!
Morning I had my stock bars gold anodized and they look great!
All the best Bollins