Handlebar End Bolt Fell Off

johnr

Reaction score
My Tracer is 3 months old and I've done 2,000 miles. Cruising down the motorway last week, the left hand handlebar end bolt and spacer flew off, leaving the hand guard flapping in the wind.

Luckily my dealer here in the UK is excellent (Peter Hammond in Cirencester) and he replaced it immediately under warranty and took the bolt and spacer off one of his showroom models rather than have me wait while spares were ordered from Yamaha.The bike has some vibration but not enough to cause this I thought; has anyone else experienced anything similar.

The mechanic added some thread lock to the bolts on both sides of the handlebar to prevent a recurrence. There was none on the right hand bolt that was still in place so this is something Yamaha don't do on the production line. It might be worth a check and quick application. Other than that absolutely loving the bike.

johnr

Reaction score
No, it's very clean. Just poor assembly on the production line.

KatanaAl

Reaction score
Yes left hand one fell off today somewhere in the Yorkshire Dales. Bike is booked in for it's first service on Thursday so should get it sorted.

FSR_XC

Reaction score
Luckily I noticed my left bar end sticking out further than the right on the M5 the other day.

Managed to screw it in a bit before stopping to tighten it.