handlebar vibration MT09 ?

shigidar

Reaction score
Hello every one,
I have returned to riding after 12 years, last bike was ZZR600, got the MT09, it is really nice and suits me fine as i am no longer a sporty guy at 50 years old ;)
Just finished the run in and noticed that every time i ride over 20 minutes or so i have this "ants feeling" in my hands especialy the left one. I think it has to do with the vibration on the bar. In the old days we used to put weights on the handlebar to remedy this. Talked to the Yamaha people here in Israel, and they told me that the MT09 already has the max weight on the bars.
Any one else also noted the vibration or is it just me ?
If yes did any one fitted bar weights?
which kind?

thank you for your input.

flydnb

Reaction score
the bars have weights shigidar, I haven't noticed any vibration on mine at all, firstly as you have just returned to bikes maybe check your riding position and also you could be gripping bars to tight which could cause bike to feel odd and give you pins and needles , if this isn't the case take the bike back to the dealers and get to check everything .

flipper

Reaction score
I have had no vibration feeling through the bars at all. Maybe there is something loose?

Davy

Reaction score
Might not be related but I noticed a vibration, not bad though, after I'd fitted sliders to the engine frame, wasn't really sure if it was there before or if I'd just not noticed so I loosened them and tried to tighten them up equally but it was still there, maybe a little better but as I say it wasn't really an issue.
I kind of forgot about it and now don't notice, personally I think I may have been holding the bars too tight as I hadn't ridden a bike as powerful as the MT before and maybe I was more trying to 'hang on' lol instead of enjoying it.
If it's bad though I'd get the bike checked out at your dealers.